Castaway stories, are they to be cast away?

by jeromy-alexander

Original Post

Castaway stories, are they to be cast away?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I purchased castaway stories years ago.  I have spent many, many happy hours lost in the playing of this game. However, I stopped playing for a while as I played sims4.  I have since repeatedly tried to again play castaway stories,only to find that it will not launch! I keep recieving the message that a needed dll file is missing,(or something of that nature).  I have tried to update the game, only to find that there is no option for this. I was then considering a re-download, (only to be totally unable to find the game anywhere in ea games listing of games.) what is happening with this game? How can I play a game that I purchased from you, that does not work, if you don't offer a way to repair or replace it?  Do you guys stand behind your products or not?  If not, then I will seriously think twice before ever spending another dime on any of your products!  What does this mean for all of my other sims games?  Will you abandon them too? That would be such a colossal shame! I love all of my sim games, and would dearly love to be able to continue playing them until it is my turn to fade into obscurity!

Message 1 of 2 (507 Views)

Re: Castaway stories, are they to be cast away?

EA app Team

Hi @jeromy-alexander,

I'm sorry to read you are having issues to play your game. Frown I'm going to try to help you.

You mention you are getting an error message, could you take a screenshot of it so we can take a look? If that's a problem, please, copy the error message so we can have more information.

Also, could you tell us which Windows are you using? Were you able to play this game in your computer before?

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (494 Views)