Re: Why any Simcity game won't work on windows 10?

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Why does my sim city doesn't work on windows 10?

★★★ Newbie

Sim City 4 doesn't work on WIndows 10! Help?

Message 1 of 11 (2,737 Views)

Re: Why does Simcity 4 not work on windows 10?

★★★★★ Expert

It's too old for Win-10.  Thirteen years is plenty of lifetime already.  Instead of jumping to Windows 10, you should have considered what would happen to programs that old. 

Message 2 of 11 (2,701 Views)

Re: Simcity 4 cannot work on windows 10

★★★★★ Expert

@tongoger 

The question was answered. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,689 Views)

Re: Why does my sim city doesn't work on windows 10?

★★★ Newbie

Is there a version of SimCity that will work with windows 10?

Message 4 of 11 (2,601 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Been having a problem with SimCity 4 Retail and Windows 10 myself this morning.  What I found is apparently the copy protection on the CD version is blocked by Windows 10, so the game can never launch.  The Steam and Origin versions don't have that problem because they don't use the same DRM.  I don't have a solution though, just a reason.

Message 5 of 11 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You should consider that there are still many people who play this game vice playing the new sim city (I myself prefer 4 over the newer incarnation). Yes, it's an older game, but to suddenly NOT work with windows 10 when it was working fine on 8.1? How difficult would it be to patch or or something?

Message 6 of 11 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Maxis produced three games in a row that were all poor performing in the marketplace.  EA shut them down; there isn't anyone left anywhere any more to patch any ten year old Maxis games.  The included compatibility options in Windows XP, Vista, Windows7, and probably Windows8 as well, those allow it to play. 

Message 7 of 11 (2,534 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are wrong, I play SimCity 4 via Steam on win10 without any problem, i can't play simcity 5 with Origin on win 10.

Message 8 of 11 (2,403 Views)

Re: Why any Simcity game won't work on windows 10?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Makes no difference.  The games are orphans.  No more patching.  It's dead as a door nail (no, I don't know what a door nail is).

Message 9 of 11 (2,392 Views)

★★ Novice

Pick up a $35 computer on Craigslist that has Windows XP, and game on. Gotta think outside the box Sick

Message 10 of 11 (2,186 Views)