SimCity Societies

by loveleylilyy

Original Post

[SimCity Societies] Simcity Societies & Windows 7/8 Install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Has anybody been able to install Simcity Societies on a Windows 7 or 8 machine?  I can start the install which then takes me to the language selection page, I choose English, then move to the second page which has an icon for "Install" at the top.  When I click on install, nothing happens.  No errors, no nothing.  It's acting like the Install button just forgets that it's supposed to install.  I tried installing the expansion Destinations, but this unfortunately requires the base game before it can be installed.  I have other games installed with no problem.  I've tried running Origin as administrator, and have tried compatibility settings.  Nothing.  Is there a known workaround to this?  Thanks!

P.S. I realize the product says "Sims 3" but Simcity Societies isn't even a selectable product.

Message 41 of 145 (3,685 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Game won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I launch the game, I am prompted to Enter my Email and password to activate the game on my computer.  I do so, but nothing happens afterwards.  Origin won't let me activate the game through the site or Origin installed on my computer.  It did, however, let me activate the game through the EA site.  I received a conformation Email immediately after.  Now after I launch the game, I get the same message to enter my email and password to activate the game.  Still nothing afterwards.

Message 42 of 145 (4,035 Views)

Re: [SimCity Societies] Game won't launch

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Ultofrost wrote:

After I launch the game, I am prompted to Enter my Email and password to activate the game on my computer.  I do so, but nothing happens afterwards.  Origin won't let me activate the game through the site or Origin installed on my computer.  It did, however, let me activate the game through the EA site.  I received a conformation Email immediately after.  Now after I launch the game, I get the same message to enter my email and password to activate the game.  Still nothing afterwards.

For all questions about your account, game code, and game registration, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor.

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone, chat or email as contact option.

Thanks,
Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 43 of 145 (4,016 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Origin Library Picture Missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If I look my games section on Origin, there is missing picture for Simcity Societies;

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx319/MetalMan20/SimcitySocities-Picturemissing2_zps9bf81d4a.png

Is it issue with Origin ?

Message 44 of 145 (3,471 Views)

[SimCity Societies] SimCity Societies Windows 8 support

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Exactly what the subject says.

Message 45 of 145 (3,726 Views)

Re: SimCity Societies Windows 8 support

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

That is an entirely separate game from the Maxis SimCity franchise, and has its own separate set of game forums here:  

http://tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

It was released so long ago ('07, I think) that you cannot expect particularly responsive assistance if you want to seek official support at EA Help, and it's not likely to get its own forum here on AHQ.  

You were way off-topic putting that into the Idea Exchange! 

Message 46 of 145 (3,373 Views)

[SimCity Societies] SimCity Societies will not run on my Win 7 PC

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I had purchased a retail version of SimCity Societies a few days ago, the product was packaged/wrapped and the registration code seems to work just fine, I have been able to install the game but it will not run, now I have gone through a great number of online posts and discovered, much to my dismay, that this is not an unknown issue, infact it seems pretty common, I am not looking for anything more than the ability to play the game I have purchased, from what I have been able to see "destinations" solves this, honestly I am not a tech kind of guy, I just want to play this game.

Message 47 of 145 (3,106 Views)

Re: SimCity Societies Windows 8 support

★ Novice

A person in support said to put the idea here...

Message 48 of 145 (2,251 Views)

[SimCity Societies] Verify game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Downloaded this game with origin. but when I start the game I get message to logg in to my ea-account to verify the game on my computer. And done this I get this message; In order to launch this game, please login to the EA download manager to verify your ownership, then try again.

I have changed some computers up in time. May this be the reason for my problem?? I do not have access tho my old computers..

Message 49 of 145 (3,100 Views)

[SimCity Societies] simcity societies pack

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi I bought the 25 February 13 and will not let me install it tells me that I have to have the sims instalalado societies want to install it then buy the simsocieties and will not let me buy it I need to give me a solution for mail thank you very much

Message 50 of 145 (3,094 Views)