SimCity 4 will not play windows 10

by mandarinlady1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SimCity 4 will not play windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

I cannot get SimCity 4 to play on windows 10, can anyone help?

Message 1 of 10 (1,562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SimCity 4 will not play windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Mai, I got to chat on twitter and they sorted out Simcity 4 for me with a new code and they are still trying to get something done for my Anno game. Thank you

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (2,050 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @mandarinlady1,

We can try at least Standard smile

Did you install your game using a DVD or through Origin? Could you give us more details of which is the issue? If you are getting an error message, it would be great if you could share it with us. You can copy it or take a screenshot Wink

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (1,530 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi I installed it  with the DVD and also the Rush Hour one, but they will not launch , there was only a message to say sign in as administrator then I did this but it still does not launch.  Thaesame has happened with Anno 1503 as well.

Message 3 of 10 (1,518 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @mandarinlady1,

It could be Windows 10 doesn't like the DVDs too much. I'd recommend giving the digital version of the game a try.

Redeem your game codes

First, let's redeem your codes if you haven't done so already to get the digital version of the games:

1. Go to https://www.origin.com
  2. Log in with the account in which you want to redeem your games. Keep in mind each code can only be redeemed once, and once a game is registered in one account, it can't be moved to another account.
  3. Click Add a Game in the top right corner. This will drop down an option to click Redeem Product Code…

Once you’re at the page to enter your code, type in your game’s Product Code. Click Next and the game should show up in your Game Library.

If you have any issues to redeem your codes for SimCity 4 and Rush Hour, please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help. It's a pretty old game, so you might need their help to redeem your codes.

Download and install the games

Please, uninstall the physical version of the games from your computer first.

Once the games are removed from your computer, it's time to download and install the digital version. This article will explain how to do that: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/origin/origin/how-do-i-download-my-new-game-on-origin/

Let us know if you have any questions Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 10 (1,505 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Mai, I did what you said but I get a message that the code I entered is not valid. You said to contact the advisors about this but everytime I have tried to contact advisors before they never reply. I will try again, I even tried to chat live but never get anyone to chat to. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,495 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @mandarinlady1,

How did the trial go?

I hope you could chat without issues this time, but in case you are still having issues, you could also Twitter or Facebook to contact our advisors.

Let us know if these methods work for you Wink

-Mai

Message 6 of 10 (1,481 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I still did not get anyone to chat to so I will try Facebook, hopefully they will help me solve the problem with the codes. I will let you know.

Message 7 of 10 (1,472 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Mai, I got to chat on twitter and they sorted out Simcity 4 for me with a new code and they are still trying to get something done for my Anno game. Thank you

Message 8 of 10 (2,051 Views)

EA app Team

Glad to read that @mandarinlady1 ! :eahigh_file:

I hope they can help you with Anno 1503, and you enjoy the games again!

-Mai

Message 9 of 10 (1,456 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I hope so too, Thank you for your help.

Message 10 of 10 (1,449 Views)