SimCity 4 doesn't start

by kiefac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SimCity 4 doesn't start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue as everyone else, when I try to launch SC4 it doesn't start. I've tried running in compatibility mode, I've tried running it with and without the disk, and I've tried entering the code into Origin (just says it isn't valid).

I would have tried opening up a case/live chat with support but that never starts either. Just gives me the popup window and then I never get past the "Hang on, we're getting ready" message. So much for a "0 minute wait".

Is there any way I can actually get this in my Steam or Origin account or something? Preferably Steam. (And while we're at it, I've got a copy of Spore that doesn't install because I lost the manual/registration code. Any way I can get that in my account too?) If I need to provide proof of purchase, we'll have to skip the receipt part because these games have just been floating around the house for years.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm using Windows 10.

Message 1 of 2 (1,044 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SimCity 4 doesn't start

EA app Team

Hi @kiefac,

You would need to talk to one of our advisors to get help related to redeeming your old codes. As you seem to have issues with the chat, have you tried the other contact methods? You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,482 Views)

All Replies

Re: SimCity 4 doesn't start

EA app Team

Hi @kiefac,

You would need to talk to one of our advisors to get help related to redeeming your old codes. As you seem to have issues with the chat, have you tried the other contact methods? You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (1,483 Views)