Sim City 4 code doesn't work

by yliubers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim City 4 code doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

So I bought Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition today and went to install it. I found the code, but it says it was incorrect ( it's not, I tried several times). So I dunno what to do. I thought about sending EA an simple email, but it's made so hard that I don't know where to send one. So my only optipn was to ask here.

Message 1 of 14 (2,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim City 4 code doesn't work

Hero (Retired)

Depends on whether you're getting an "invalid code" or "code used" message and a CD or digital purchase.

"invalid" means the code format is wrong. Should be 5 sets of 4 alphanumeric codes seperated by spaces, try without spacing. Can also happen if you're trying to redeem a box set game code on a digital code entry system (Origin site)

"used" means the code is already registered to an Origin account (digital download)

You can contact a game advisor via live chat from your computer here.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Looks like an account issue. You can contact a game advisor from your computer via live chat.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (2,649 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Depends on whether you're getting an "invalid code" or "code used" message and a CD or digital purchase.

"invalid" means the code format is wrong. Should be 5 sets of 4 alphanumeric codes seperated by spaces, try without spacing. Can also happen if you're trying to redeem a box set game code on a digital code entry system (Origin site)

"used" means the code is already registered to an Origin account (digital download)

You can contact a game advisor via live chat from your computer here.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Looks like an account issue. You can contact a game advisor from your computer via live chat.

Message 2 of 14 (2,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got a new code via chat. The new one works. Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (2,404 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us. Enjoy Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (2,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have the same problem with software I purchased from GAME store for my son, and despite GAME replacing the disc once already I still get the same message...   

I've searched the EA website, found your post,...  But when I went through the process you described it doesn't offer a live web chat option (I'm in the UK).

So what can I do?

Thanks

Sean

Message 5 of 14 (2,327 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Click this: Standard smile
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/contact?product=Origin&category=Billing/Purchasing&platform=PC&que...
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 6 of 14 (2,322 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just contacted them on live chat - said I had to take it back to the shop I got it from.  they would not give me a code that would work.

Message 7 of 14 (2,302 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The nature of these AHQ messages is that a SOLVED one is not one to add any "unsolved" comments to.  You need a thread of your own with full particulars. 

Message 8 of 14 (2,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do i get a new code for mine?

[edit: email address removed]

Message 9 of 14 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i need your help please... i have had my laptop and a copy of sim city 4 sent from the UK to Australia. for whatever reason my copy is asking for the access code again (even though it was not uninstalled) and because i only have the disc it will not allow me to play it... any help would be great.... my Origin sign in name is magic_man_42_92 so you can see i have played it previously

Message 10 of 14 (2,222 Views)