I lost my registration code for simcity society. Please help.

by Daisy1450

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I lost my registration code for simcity society. Please help.

★★★ Newbie
Please help to generate a new registration code.
Message 1 of 4 (2,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I lost my registration code for simcity society. Please help.

EA app Team

Hi @Daisy1450 Standard smile

If you still have it installed on your computer, let's try to get the code from there. Wink

We are going to try to find it on Windows Registry. Please, follow these steps carefully and let us know if you have any doubts before doing anything:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type regedit in the search bar. Press Enter. This will open Windows Registry Editor.
  2. Click on 'File' at the top left of the window that opens then click on Export.
    Choose a location and name for the file as this will be your backup registry file.
    Save.
    We have just created a backup as a precaution.
  3. Now let's try to find your serial code.
    On the left side:
    Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
    Expand the SOFTWARE folder (Wow6432Node if you are using a 64 bit systems)
    Expand the Electronic Arts folder
  4. Click on Simcity Societies folder and check in the right side. Do you see any codes in the 'Data' column?
  5. If not, expand SimCity Societies folder and click on any folders inside it. Again, check the right side after selecting each of the folders and look for a serial code.
  6. Once done, close the Windows Registry Editor.

Could you find it? Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (3,206 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @Daisy1450,

Welcome to Answers HQ Standard smile

Let's see if we can find the code somewhere: did you have your game registered in your EA Account? Or do you have it installed in any computer?

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (2,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi Mai, 😊. I only have it installed on my computer.
Message 3 of 4 (2,574 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Daisy1450 Standard smile

If you still have it installed on your computer, let's try to get the code from there. Wink

We are going to try to find it on Windows Registry. Please, follow these steps carefully and let us know if you have any doubts before doing anything:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type regedit in the search bar. Press Enter. This will open Windows Registry Editor.
  2. Click on 'File' at the top left of the window that opens then click on Export.
    Choose a location and name for the file as this will be your backup registry file.
    Save.
    We have just created a backup as a precaution.
  3. Now let's try to find your serial code.
    On the left side:
    Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
    Expand the SOFTWARE folder (Wow6432Node if you are using a 64 bit systems)
    Expand the Electronic Arts folder
  4. Click on Simcity Societies folder and check in the right side. Do you see any codes in the 'Data' column?
  5. If not, expand SimCity Societies folder and click on any folders inside it. Again, check the right side after selecting each of the folders and look for a serial code.
  6. Once done, close the Windows Registry Editor.

Could you find it? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (3,207 Views)