Base Command (SWBF companion) broken

by tefull

Original Post

Re: Base Command Link Broken...again.

★ Apprentice

Thanks for looking into it.

I use a Samsung Galaxy note 9 for the Base Command App. I also use Microsoft Edge for my web browser, which was the main way I played Base Command.

Cheers, it would be great to access the website again

Message 51 of 233 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Guide

Okay, it's now April 1st, and we still haven't received a solution to this problem. Not even an update on the matter. I can't understand why it's taking so long. Please help us, @EA_Atic. We'd really like to resume playing Base Command.

Message 52 of 233 (1,710 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.

Message 53 of 233 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Guide

Alright, now it's April 6th. It's been about a month since this issue started. Why haven't we received an update on this situation yet? Where are all of the Community Managers? EA_Atic posted a comment here three weeks ago and never returned. This is getting to be upsetting.

@EA_AticPlease help us. We just want to play Base Command again.

Message 54 of 233 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Guide

Good grief, this has gotten absurd. We're asking for help, and we're being ignored. Are there any Community Managers out there? It's been over a month since this issue started. A month. Why can't we get even an update on the situation? This is so unprofessional...

@EA_Atic   Please help us.

Message 55 of 233 (1,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello there, sorry for the delay on this. 

The support for the website was sunset in the years following the end of Star Wars Battlefront (2015)'s support concluding. But the phone app will keep working. 

/Atic 

Message 56 of 233 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hello there, sorry for the delay on this. 

The support for the website was sunset in the years following the end of Star Wars Battlefront (2015)'s support concluding. But the phone app will keep working. 

/Atic 

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Devil

This was so sudden. Why weren't we given any warning? Some players like myself only have access to Base Command via a web browser on PC. I was still trying to get a 3 star rating on all of the sieges, too.

A few other players had reported that Base Command hasn't been working on Android devices, either. Has that issue been fixed?

Message 57 of 233 (1,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This is also the reason why I will NEVER buy anything from EA with the "multiplayer" extension.

For them, it is a mantra, with which they excuse why the singleplayer is completely missing or it is so chopped that it is basically not even worth mentioning. As a Star wars fan, I was really looking forward to the first new Battlefront, my disappointment with the basically missing singleplayer was great, but I didn't find it so trgical. But when it comes to basically almost all of their newly released games, it starts to stink ... After a few years, you can't even go back to some of them because they just stop supporting them and don't work when the servers are shut down. For example, the EA sports series. I like to go back to old classics (beloved Monkey Island for example). Actually, I'm not sure now if I'll ever buy anything from EA ... SW: Fallen Order was maybe the last one. @EA_Atic  is probably innocent. It will be a matter of their "smart" management, who sits hidden in the offices on attractively paid positions.

Message 58 of 233 (1,555 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_AticIs there any news about the issue with Base Command not working on Android devices being fixed, yet?

Message 59 of 233 (1,498 Views)

Battlefront Companion iOS app needs updating; not compatible with new iOS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Apple has been warning that the Battlefront Companion app needs to be updated to be compatible with the new system software. Well that day has finally come with the release of iOS 14.5. The app will no longer launch. My hunch is that the actual updating needed is minor, probably to comply with the new operating system's privacy notifications. Can EA let us know whether this minor update will be made, and if so, when? Thanks! I still find the game within the app fun to play.

Message 60 of 233 (10,179 Views)