[Xbox Series X] PvZ BFN Crashing Issue

by Its_C_Pett

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Xbox Series X] PvZ BFN Crashing Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I’ve tried all of these multiple times, and I know it’s not my internet connection. I don’t know what to do.

Message 1 of 17 (1,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox Series X Crash On PVZ BFN

Community Manager
Hi @Its_C_Pett, so here's the thing though, We cannot escalate this up because one or two players have issues like this. Others may be having this issue but we don't have them on here saying they do. We also cannot include older posts from the past and use those as "current" issues with the game. The team needs way more due to the age of the game the support for this is so limited that it takes a lot to get a game of this age updated. I would need quite a few people on this thread saying they have the same issue as you before I can send it over. The first response I get is how many players are having this issue? If I say only a couple, it won't get fixed as soon as we want it to be fixed.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 11 of 17 (339 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard Here is the post I’m talking about regarding to the PVZ BFN Xbox Series X crash issue. As you can see, I made this post almost 2 years ago, another member tried to help me, but he just asked me to do a bunch uh of troubleshooting steps I have already done before. When I responded, he didn’t. I also have seen multiple other posts of this issue with a similar title. Feel free to ask me questions and contact EA to get this fixed in BFN! 🙏🏼 

Message 2 of 17 (539 Views)

Community Manager

@Its_C_Pett Hey, so with these crashing, I will need more info from you, please.

Specifics around when the game crashes

Which modes

Plants or Zombies side

Which maps

Any links to the threads you mentioned would be great too!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 17 (509 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I didn’t see this until now, @EA_Shepard, I crash on any game mode, any team, and at any time. Sometimes my screen will freeze entirely, and I’ll have to quit the game and restart it. Sometimes the game still works but the sound cuts out, and I play the game with no sound forever until I restart it. Finally, sometimes my whole screen goes black and I have to hard restart my Xbox from the actual button on the Xbox. This issue happens EXCLUSIVELY on XBOX SERIES X, as I have seen other Xbox Series X owners complaining about this issue for AWHILE now. I do not believe Xbox Series S owners have the issue at all, it is only Xbox Series X. I believe it has something to do with the game not being optimized for Next Gen consoles like the Xbox Series X. I was hoping someone could fix the issues, because it is a pain in the butt to restart the game so many times per day, yes I said per day, this issue happens constantly at a very random pace. Some days it won’t happen at all, other days it happens every hour or LESS! If @EA_Shepard is seeing this, PLEASE HELP!

Message 4 of 17 (398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard !!!!!

-The 1st link is another player having the problem on an Xbox Series X

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/PvZ-BFN-Xbox-Series-X-Crashes/m-p/9913640#M1...

- The Second Link is another player having the issue on Xbox Series S which I was unaware of.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/XBOX-Series-S-bug/m-p/9745351#M139382

-The final link is another post I made back in July going deep into what happens and how I think it can get fixed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/PvZ-BFN-Xbox-Series-X-Crashing-Issues/m-p/12...

Thanks!

Its C Pett

Message 5 of 17 (384 Views)

Community Manager

@Its_C_Pett Thank you for the links. The issue there is there isn't much support on the backend so having someone go in and update the game isn't really going to happen at this point. It could very well be an optimized issue for sure and since the links you send are a few years old in order to make any actual changes like this I would need a lot of newer reports from players having the issue on this console specifically.

The other issue is that consoles are limited in troubleshooting steps. I have e the Series X as well. What it sounds like is bad data somewhere. 

Instead of listing everything I would do, This link has all the steps I would run through. 

This link is also pretty good with optional steps.

With everything crashing the way it does. I'm downloading it now to test it but it sounds more like either a bad install or corrupted data. This could be the Storage Device data or the data in managing games and apps. Dont delete anything you don't wish to lose.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 6 of 17 (364 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Alright let me know if you find anything when testing it. When you say reset the data, what do you mean? Any chance you could explain to me what you suggest I do? I have spent A LOT of money (too much) on that game and I DO NOT want to lose my progress or skins, so if there’s any way to fix the audio and/or crashing issue without losing any progress, I want to do that. Just let me know!

Thanks, 

Its C Pett

Message 7 of 17 (327 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don’t know if it matters but I forgot to tag you @EA_Shepard

Alright, Thank You 👍 

Message 8 of 17 (321 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Its_C_Pett, I get a lot of requests to "reset" your game completely which we cannot do, so deleting data from the above sections would only delete settings and offline campaign-type games. So essentially save files. As you cannot pick and choose what to delete, it will delete all of it for all games.

I also tested mine out and had no issues on my end for anything i tried to play so i feel this is more local than a game issue or I would crash in modes as well.

I have seen players change the appearance of certain characters and it stopped crashing. For example, if you use Chomper and have a bunch of skins, some may have issues and changing them may resolve it.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 9 of 17 (299 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard I tried changing skins, restarting and resetting my game data, and doing the old methods and after 3 days of testing, the issue continues to happen MULTIPLE times a day. This is a serious issue and the only way it will be fixed is if EA/Popcap optimizes and fixes the game for Next Gen Consoles. I know they can do this because when Rux was broken in GW2 they fixed that even without a studio. So I see no issue why they can’t do the same and fix this game. Please put in a work order or something to bring up the issue. Another thing I’d like to mention is my brother bought the game to test and started playing it on the Xbox Series S. (NOT X) He lives across the country from where I am and he had the same issues! So the location theory you had is not the case. The FIRST DAY he played the game by himself he got lagged out and game froze multiple times in the first few hours! Thats absurd! He also only has default skins so that is not the problem. There shouldn’t be any issues with a game newer then GW2. There HAS to be attention brought to this. I have been trying to get this fixed since January of 2021, please sir, help me out with this, there HAS to be something we can do. 😭 🙏🏼 

Thanks, 

Its C Pett

Message 10 of 17 (257 Views)