Kicked From Multiplayer - Help Harm & Hinder - Why?

by agentraygun66

Original Post

Kicked From Multiplayer - Help Harm & Hinder - Why?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Last night my son and I were playing in multiplayer mode for the Help, Harm & Hinder event and we were kicked from the server twice in two different matches. We don't cheat, we don't hack and we don't camp (like a lot of other people do) in these things.  We go in, we play the game and we try to vanquish as many as we can in order to win the match.  That's essentially the name of the game, isn't it?  But getting kicked, without even knowing why, just grinds my gears to no end. Furthermore, when we went back to play in another match, we looked into the kicking process and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to proving why you are asking for a player to be kicked.  Lots of options as to why you want a player kicked (and none of them applied to my son or I), but nothing that requires proof of any kind.  So, I guess that means I could, if I wanted to, spend my day going into servers and randomly kicking players for no good reason at all.  Ultimately, I think this is the reason why we got kicked to begin with, other than our side was winning and my son, who is 9, just happens to be really good at this game. You should see him play.

I just think if you're going to implement a process that allows players to accuse someone of not playing by the rules, asking someone to prove their case should be a part of it.  Conversely, the player being kicked should be allowed to know why they were kicked and be at least given the chance to prove their innocence, if they were indeed innocent. Whether this is an Xbox thing or an EA thing, the process is flawed and needs to be rectified. We don't cheat, we don't hack and if anything, we are beyond courteous to other players. I've never cheated in a video game, wouldn't know how to hack or even code dive. I'm a simple person and I have zero interest in things like that.  I just want to turn the game on and play it.  That's all.  And before anyone gets started, this isn't whining or complaining or it'snotfairism (new word, trademarking it today), but just something that needs to be addressed at some point.

It probably never will be, but there's a lot of things that EA doesn't seem to address or care about, as the recent past has shown me.

Message 1 of 15 (2,859 Views)

Re: Kicked From Multiplayer - Help Harm & Hinder - Why?

★★★★ Guide

This happens a lot to me and my husband too when playing in spiltscreen.

Especially when both playing the same characters, its almost like the system registrate it as cheating or ability spamming.

I think its just another bug in this game nothing to take personal or fear you get banned/kicked for good. 

Message 2 of 15 (2,797 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You guys are losing connection because of server instability.  There is no in-game system that kicks people based on other gamers or reports.

Message 3 of 15 (2,785 Views)

Champion

I don't know if you can report players and kick them from matches or not. However, I play in split-screen as well, occasionally we get kicked from the match from time to time, saying to reflect on our previous actions. What previous actions? There's no reason that we should get kicked. I hope that this issue will get looked at in the future, as it's annoying especially when trying to complete weekly challenges or something. Fingers crossedDisappointedStandard smile

Message 4 of 15 (2,782 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheSprinter85 wrote:

I don't know if you can report players and kick them from matches or not. However, I play in split-screen as well, occasionally we get kicked from the match from time to time, saying to reflect on our previous actions. What previous actions? There's no reason that we should get kicked. I hope that this issue will get looked at in the future, as it's annoying especially when trying to complete weekly challenges or something. Fingers crossedDisappointedStandard smile

I’m sure this is something @EA_David can verify for you but it’s not your actions, it’s a bug of some sort.

I’ve had this happen to me and also had a myriad of other messages: “The game host has ended the session,” disconnection from EA servers randomly, and if you happen to be online during an update, “Zombies broke into the servers” type of thing...

Message 5 of 15 (2,776 Views)

Champion

@spIash_damage  I have noticed these other messages as well. They don't happen on a regular basis but it happens sometimes with no reason behind it whatsoever. ConfusedStandard smile

Message 6 of 15 (2,748 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yep, on PC and the have had the same experiences as listed here.
Accused of being naughty in some way and kicked from the server.... when you know there was no cheating or jiggerypokery going on, you were just playing,
host has ended the game session, when you are in the same room as the host and can see that is not the case, etc etc....
these messages seem very random and unrelated..... there is no way to work out what has happened or is going on, very frustrating but has been like that since the beginning it seems.
The messages mean very little in terms of actual information... we tend not to even read them  anymore just groan and reconnect again.

Also other in game things.... trying to join a friend for instance... you know they have room in their party (you are gaming from same room) or you know your online friend has room etc....
but often for no reason get put into a never ending queue waiting for your ascension to a Unicorn apparently Party hat... but it never actually works for me regardless of how long I wait.Frown

Anyway... messages mean nothing... don't worry about it or take it personally @agentraygun66 , its super frustrating but hopefully they will fix it sometime... in the future.... distant future............. Large smile

Message 7 of 15 (2,744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

We'll see. It's just kinda concerning when you get a message that says something like "You were kicked from the group. Maybe next time you'll be more sporty" or something like that. Definitely was not a connection error as we were sent right back to Giddy Park and not the loading screen.

But pardon me if I don't believe that EA will ever address this. Unless there's a dollar they can squeeze out of it, it ain't happening.

Message 8 of 15 (2,698 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@agentraygun66 wrote:

We'll see. It's just kinda concerning when you get a message that says something like "You were kicked from the group. Maybe next time you'll be more sporty" or something like that. Definitely was not a connection error as we were sent right back to Giddy Park and not the loading screen.

But pardon me if I don't believe that EA will ever address this. Unless there's a dollar they can squeeze out of it, it ain't happening.

I’m not beating a dead horse any longer - it is indeed connection issues and not on your behalf.  We have had this exact error since Picnic (testing).  Sometimes you have to reset the game and sometimes you can play immediately after being sent to Giddy Park.

Ive had this happen to me and return into the same lobby without ever resetting my game.  I also stayed online as I was in PSN chat.

Seems to be connectivity issues from the server/host.

Message 9 of 15 (2,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It’s amazing how many issues this game has and how big of a company EA is. They still can’t fix things correctly!! This game is such a pig and has too many issues at times I can’t even play it. It really is a shame because this is such a great series. But they definitely took a couple steps back with the release. 

Message 10 of 15 (2,653 Views)