Re: Nfs World Servers

by tstdmy

Original Post

Nfs World Servers

★★ Novice

Hello there i have a question Since Need for Speed World has been shut down i would like

to know if Its still legal to play and Host servers created by People 

Or would this be Illegal ? 

as far as i know the Game isent being modified in any way 

But again i dont know that much about it  

Message 1 of 6 (4,570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are no server kits which means you can't .This game is dead.

Message 2 of 6 (4,551 Views)

★★ Novice

As Far as i know theres  Server Emulators out there for the server Ive seen them but 

Are they legal or ?

As stated the server is made by the gamers  so what im wondering is if its legal or not 

Message 3 of 6 (4,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

> server emulator

I've only read about some offline server that lets you play the game on your own computer, not over the internet and not multi-player. I don't know if that qualifies as a server emulator. 

Message 4 of 6 (4,492 Views)

★★ Novice
Still wondering if its legal or not
Message 5 of 6 (4,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Still wondering if its legal or not

I'm not sure. I did a web search for server emulators to find out about this stuff. I would assume the people that did this did not have access to the actual source code, so it's not copyright. It could be a EULA issue, but I don't remember what was in the EULA for Need For Speed World, and I've read that how EULA's are treated depends on what country or state or ??? that you live in. After further reading about this, although it seems unlikely, if the people that actually made the offline server never signed up for Need For Speed World, but instead somehow figured out how to make the offline server, maybe while other players played the game, then the EULA wouldn't apply to the people that made the offline server. The EULA would only apply to players that actually signed up and played Need For Speed World (back when it was online).

After Need For Speed World shutdown was announced, I read that somehow players were able to download their account information, and I don't know how this was done, but since I read about this and the offline server at several forums, then quite a few players are probably using the offline server.

I stopped playing Need For Speed World when the shutdown was announced, and I never bought any other Need For Speed game after that, and I never tried the offline server, so I can't speak from personal experience.

Message 6 of 6 (4,474 Views)