Need for speed undercover not installing correctly?

by James_Misayuki

Original Post

Need for speed undercover not installing correctly?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sorry about the wrong catagorey, NFSUC wasn't listed.

Whenever I try to install NFS UC through Origin, I get stuck in some sort of loop.

Once it finishes downloading and I press install, I get a little window which says "Completed the need for speed undercover setup wizard" and gives me the option to choose punkbuster, no matter which option I choose, Nothing happens and origin still says "Install".

I'm using windows 7.

If I go to the folder of the game, all the files are there but whenever I try to run the .exe I get a message saying "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running"

I tried reinstalling origin, deleting all the files and reinstalling NFS undercover, and rebooting.

Running Origin in administrator mode, NFS in admin mode, or NFS in each compatibility setting have not helped either.

What perplexes me the most is the fact I used to be able to get the game to run just fine about 8 months ago, I frogot what I had to do to get it to work.

Can someone please help? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (3,782 Views)

Re: Need for speed undercover not installing correctly?

★★★★ Novice

I used to get the error number 1603, restarted and it was fixed..

Message 2 of 6 (3,445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How has this issue still not been fixed?

Message 3 of 6 (2,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There's a program made by Microsoft that troubleshoots any program that has not been "uninstalled" properly. Here's a link to that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal... There is a download button there, download it. Then run it(as administrator or not), once you're prompted to the troubleshooter, click "Next", then wait for it while it detects problems. After, it will ask you "Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a program?", click "Uninstalling"(It's going to load for a while), then find the "Need For Speed Undercover" program there and double click it. Wait a few seconds and you can finally install it back through Origin! I know this is late, but I've actually been having this problem since last year and I finally found a solution that actually works. In my case, the reason why this happened is because before I downloaded the Origin version, I currently had the Steam version installed and I've been playing it until I finished the career mode. Then after some research, I found out that the v1.1 patch was only available in the Origin version.

Message 4 of 6 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confirmed! toyotiresjza80's solution works!

Message 5 of 6 (2,053 Views)

★ Novice
@toyotiresjza80 I have been struggling with this on and off for over 2 years now, your fix worked!! Thank you so much
Message 6 of 6 (887 Views)