Re: Need for Speed: Carbon

by rcgldr

Original Post

Need for Speed Carbon

★ Novice

Since updating to Windows 10, I have done fresh installs of all of my drivers, fresh installs of my games, and fresh installs of any related software.  I have tried to load Need For Speed Carbon many many times now without any luck.  I have attempted every combination of compatibility mode, ensured I was listed as a super user and not locked as read only.  Help me get to play this game again ASAP!

Message 71 of 78 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

whats up

Message 72 of 78 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

"After beating career ... 5 cars unlocked" - You get the Audi, plus depending on which car you selected first, exotic, muscle, tuner, you don't unlock certain cars during career mode. If you chose exotic, after career mode, these cars are unlocked: Dodge Charger SRT-8, Ford Shelby GT500, Nissan Skyline GTR R34, VW Golf R32. If you chose muscle, these cars are unlocked: Mercedes SL65 AMG, Nissan Skyline GTR R34, Porsche Carrera GT, VW Golf R32. If you chose tuner, these cars are unlocked: Dodge Charger SRT-8, Ford Shelby GT500, Mercedes SL65 AMG. Porsche Carrera GT. So in addition to the Audi Lemans, there are 6 possible cars you would get at t he end of career, but 2 of the 6 will get unlocked during career.

The Audi and other cars you mention can't be bought in career mode like the  Koenigsegg CCX. The only McLaren is the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren.

Message 73 of 78 (1,170 Views)

Re: nfs carbon

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@samsunggts7562I am in the same boat. I have been playing this game on PS3 since 2008 and I have had this problem up until this day. Are there any EA moderators on PS3 out there willing to challenge me. I have had many years of experience playing this game and I am up for a challenge. I also have to unlock both 8 player online ranked match reward cards. Thank you!

Message 74 of 78 (871 Views)

Re: NFSC

★★★ Newbie

The Pagani Zonda F is a custom car that can only be used in Quick Race mode. I think it's available on PC too.

Message 75 of 78 (735 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Carbon, saving problems

★★★ Newbie

That never happened to me. You most likely have to retart career mode.

Message 76 of 78 (735 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Carbon, saving problems

★★★ Newbie
@T_1Eight if you are using windows 10
Right click on the shortcut which is made to open nfs carbon
Then go to properties and you will see compatibility at the properties top header
Then tick compatibilty mode, to open up the setting in which windows mode you would choose run it in
Pick windows 7 because it was made when this windows was still extremely active at the time being
Message 77 of 78 (385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I made a mod for need for speed most wanted on dx11

Message 78 of 78 (221 Views)