Loegitech G27 does not work well with NFS Hot Pursuit

by fireandstorm3

Original Post

Loegitech G27 does not work well with NFS Hot Pursuit

★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just purchased NFS HP yesterday. The G27 does not work well, I can't drive straight, it drives to the right. I have to steer the wheel 100% to the left and keep it so in order to be able to drive somewhat straight, but it is very annoying. It seems that the "0" position of the wheel is not recognized the game.

Any hint?

Message 1 of 3 (4,840 Views)

Re: Loegitech G27 does not work well with NFS Hot Pursuit

Hero (Retired)

Hi @fireandstorm3

Perhaps you need to re-connect your device and make sure that you installed driver for it.  Also, try to reboot your PC.

Message 2 of 3 (4,787 Views)

Re: Loegitech G27 does not work well with NFS Hot Pursuit

Community Manager (retired)

Here are some additional information:

Controller Information

CONTROLLER CONFIGURATIONS

Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit can be played with many popular gamepads and controller devices. If your device is not recognized, or if you'd like to modify the configuration the game has pre-assigned to your controller, select ‘Controls’ through the Options menu. The re-mapping tools in this menu allow you to change your button configuration for optimal play.

When you re-map your controls the new configuration is saved in this location:

For Windows XP:

• \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Criterion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\Save\Default\controls.NFS11Save

For Windows Vista/Windows 7:

• \Users\<username>\Documents\Criterion Games\Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit\Save\Default\controls.NFS11Save

CONTROLLER PROBLEMS

To correct any controller problems, properly configure and calibrate the device from the Windows Control Panel.  If the problem continues, disconnect the device from your computer before playing Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit. Always ensure the latest manufacturer drivers are installed for your device.

Examples of Controller Problems:

- Menu items are automatically scrolled through with no user input.
    - Your car makes erratic movements that are not intended (such as continually turning).
    - Certain movements do not occur when the proper direction is pressed.
    - Sluggish response on slower machines.

KEYBOARD PROBLEMS

Some newer keyboards do not allow certain combinations of more than two keys to be pressed simultaneously.
For example, if you were pressing both the <A> key to accelerate and the left arrow key to turn, and you pressed the <C> key to change your view, the view may not change.

Unfortunately, this problem is due to a limitation of the hardware.

While it is possible to bind game controls to the F12 and Print Screen keys, these keys may also retain their original function and can interfere with gameplay.

Message 3 of 3 (4,781 Views)