Dust/water/snow visual bug

by Ksandr1ks

Original Post

Dust/water/snow visual bug

★★ Novice

Dust/water/snow from car wheels (players and opponents) goes random direction, sometimes even towards front at low speeds, and up blocking your vision. Is there a way to fix it? Win 10, i7-7700, GTX 1080.

Message 1 of 11 (9,153 Views)

Re: Dust/water/snow visual bug

★★ Novice

Is there a way to turn this effect off if it's cannot be fixed? Please help EA.

Message 2 of 11 (8,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The answer for this issue, are interested me too. I have the same problem since, I bought my MSI GTX 1080 Gaming x videocard.

So please  Ksandr1ks, if you got any answer from EA about this problem, or you found a way to fix it, share with me.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 11 (8,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea I have the exact same issue with my GTX 970. Tried to lower the effects settings but it didn't do anything. I can't see the road and keep crashing into traffic and corners. It really annoys me.

Message 4 of 11 (8,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Open Application: Need for Speed(TM) The Run

Go to: Main Menu > Settings > Display > Advanced Display Settings > V-sync*: On

*V-sync changes the snow wake from going in the air into a flat trail behind all cars. V-sync also fixes most of the audio stutter while loading an event.

To make certain that the application uses its own V-sync settings, turn off V-sync settings in your graphics card properties such as: "off, unless specified by application", but do not set to "always off".

I had the same problem, but this setting worked for me on: Win 10, i5-7400, Radeon RX 580.

Message 5 of 11 (8,520 Views)

★★ Novice
When I turn ON the V-Sync it solves the Snow/Dust problem... but the game loses speed. i5, GTX 1070
Message 6 of 11 (8,075 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't know how to fix a frame rate slow down caused by v-sync, unfortunately, but here's some stuff you might try.

1. adjust your graphic card settings:

"select performance mode under Nvidia control panel and run the game at default GPU speeds without overclocking." -Light-Yagami

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/858108-need-for-speed-payback-on-1070-fps-issues-need-help/

(This is a suggestion for Need for Speed Payback targeted at Nvidia 1070 users, but maybe since the game is similar, the same suggestion might help.)

2. match your monitor refresh rate to the game refresh rate: (I don't know if this will help because I have a different graphics card)

a. monitor refresh rate settings:

>using Windows 10, right click desktop

>click "Display Settings"

>click "Display adapter properties" (at the bottom of the settings page)

>click tab: "Monitor"

>select a refresh rate from the drop down menu (I use "60 Hertz")

b. game refresh rate settings:

>settings >display >screen resolution (I use 1920x1080 60Hz") >right is 59Hz and left is 50Hz for me

You could try different game refresh rates with different monitor refresh rates, but I feel like that would be frustrating and might not fix anything

3. if there is no fix for you, I would just use whatever settings make the game playable enough to accomplish your goals, like only turn on v-sync for the winter stage if the game doesn't slow down to an unplayable degree, or combine that with turning your graphics settings all the way down for the winter stage to help the frame rate

I might get back to you on this topic at no appointed time in the future, if this problem effects me, because I plan to also play this game using a GTX 1080 Ti on another computer, so thanks for the heads up, and let us know if you solve your issue and what fixed the problem if you have the spare the time

Message 7 of 11 (8,063 Views)

★★ Novice
Not sure what happened (a update, maybe). But the game seems to work with the V-Sync ON. With that 30 FPS thing, but better than nothing.
Thank you for your help! Standard smile
Message 8 of 11 (7,910 Views)

★ Novice

NFS The Run at 60fps is a real enjoyment, unfortunately with the latest Nvidia Cards we get this annoying Graphics bug the topic starter mentioned :/

I dont go back to 30fps

Message 9 of 11 (7,400 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Nedo68 i know im years late, but i think the particles flying into the air is caused by the high fps. many games especially from early 2010's uses physics that update every time a frame is rendered.

if this is the case with dust and snow particles in this game, then that can explain why they fly much higher. to explain simply, 30fps is the standard physics, where particles behave as expected. 60fps could double all physics effects, meaning things like speed, weight and things like that would all be multiplied, and so on the higher fps you have.
when i watched a video with 60fps gameplay, the particles were annoying, but the game was still playable. but when i tried myself on a 144hz monitor, the particles went absolutely bonkers to the point where my only hope of seeing was to go to 1st person camera.

so long story short, there may not be a fix unless you're able to edit the code that makes the particles behave properly regardless of fps. if its too annoying, you might wanna try to find a way to lower the fps limit till the problem isn't very noticable. maybe 40fps sounds alright
Message 10 of 11 (3,995 Views)