Re: OTP modes/lobbies --- suggestions for NHL17

by thagiantklupa

Original Post

OTP modes/lobbies --- suggestions for NHL17

★ Novice

In NHL17, many loyal, paying customers are desperately requesting a few changes:

1-Go back to how the OTP lobbies were set up in NHL14; What I mean by this is that we'd love to be able to limit the max # of users/players able to join

a user-created custom room to ensure that the creating user can only play with his/her online friends, which would help negate unwanted trolls who come

in a ruin the game by not playing seriously (taking penalties all game, starting fights on every play, diving all over the ice, not passing, constantly going offsides, etc etc.)

2-Create OTP rooms where the creating users has the ability to select human goalie or CPU goalie---far too many players come in and don't take the

goalie position seriously, which ruins the game play and frustrates paying users who feel like they are wasting their time and money

These are two major issues that many online users would love to see addressed and fixed/implemented into NHL17 and future games beyond NHL17.

Please make this a reality, EA Sports. You owe it to your loyal customers who have been with you for 20+ years!

Message 1 of 6 (2,090 Views)

★ Novice

Additionally; I was told by an EA SPORTS NHL rep on their page's Facebook chat earlier this year that these suggestions in my original post were going to be

patched into this year's NHL16...and those patches clearly never happened. I was then told it was due to a 'technical issue' as to why they are not part of this year's game.

Essentially the NHL series has gone backwards since these options (the limiting of max # of players allowed in an OTP room, at least) was available two years ago in NHL14

Message 2 of 6 (2,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Due to the unfortunate truth of the NHL series being one of the least played EA Sports games the game does not see much attention since FIFA and Madden are their massive market games. Additions will be made in the future but they will be minor. The game hasn't changed much except its physics engine since NHL 08.

Message 3 of 6 (2,033 Views)

★ Novice

Regardless, the OTP is a JOKE...it's impossible to go ONE game without a troll ruining the game...human goalies makes absolutely zero sense...99% of them just come in,

do cartwheels and spins in net, constantly skate up the ice to start a fight, or pass the puck out in front with 5 opponents waiting to put it in the net. I cannot stand it.

Additionally, for example, last night....playing with 2 of my best friends...and one other guy (who we didn't know). He talked all kinds of racial and ignorant B.S. the whole game and stayed

offside the entire time...and when he got the puck he didn't pass it once...shot into 5 defenders and never played ANY defense (he was teal on ps4 which is left defenseman). This is the standard in 95% of OTP games---it is horrendous!!!!!!!!

It is so unbelievably aggravating. It makes me feel as if I have been ripped off for $60 for the game and another $50 for the online subscription.

If EA Sports would again (as it was in nhl14) allow for anyone who creates an OTP room to limit the max # of players allowed in the room, almost all of this would be avoidable.

Additionally, human goalies HAVE TO GO---It is such a waste---at least let the paying customer choose whether or not they want a human goalie or CPU goalie in the room they create.

COME ON, EA---YOU ARE REALLY LETTING DOWN LOYAL (20+ YEAR) CUSTOMERS HERE! GET IT RIGHT IN NHL17!!!!!!

Message 4 of 6 (2,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
They also need to incorporate a way to report and give players a rating for trolling. Serious players obviously play club, but unless they have a system that makes these trolls play in their own lobbies, then OTP will always be a cr4pshoot. I love the idea about no goalie rooms. Im not a NEWB who needs a human goalie to score. Back there sliding across the crease in butterfly, while the puck is at the point, doing cartwheels. This game would be fine for me to not have human goalies at all.

As a counterpoint, the controls are totally screwed from the get go. I tried goalie offline in previous years, and it was hard but 16 it's really slow and I changed to the alternate controls, which are like the previous versions.
Message 5 of 6 (1,952 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sadly the computer goalies in this game are worse than some of the human goalies, yea some of the human goalies troll or are complete trash, but most don't get beat backhand every single time on a breakaway, or stop a wrist shot from the blue line only to have it pop right over them and into the net, EA Sports and Sean ram-w.e the * his name is have destroyed this game, the AI is *, they refuse to implement troll reporting systems and better yet they reward players for not passing the puck or back checking, pick dangler or sniper and your team play rating stays at a C whether you did anything to help your team or not, the NHL franchise sucks, I will never spend another dime on this franchise for as long as I live and I have been playing it since its inception

Message 6 of 6 (1,533 Views)