Names

by troy_0615gg

Original Post

Names

★★★ Newbie

Why is every possible name typed in to Chel have a profanity filter. I litterally typed in random letters and it still said proffanity detected. It’s hockey not tennis I think the community likes to see a few funny names here and there and just normal names in general but no I can’t even put Jim, or even bob. Smh this game sucks 

Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)

Re: Names

You can blame the trolls and unfunny/unoriginal people for that. So glad to whittle down all the Barry Mc's out there..

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: Names

Community Manager

@troy_0615gg 

I definitely get the frustration with not being able to use the name you want. However, as @TTZ_Dipsy said, this cuts down on the offensive names that are created. Especially the one he mentioned which has been extremely common over the years. We also see a very high amount of people using extremely offensive names and are trying to limit the ability to use them. Unfortunately, this means a lot of letter combinations that aren't offensive end up getting caught by the filter because they could be used in an offensive manner. There also are some that seem to be caught by the filter that don't appear to be offensive. Hopefully, we'll see the filter more finely tuned in the future. 

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)