Disconnecting from EA Servers While Still Connected to Internet

by Chaseinator5

Original Post

Re: Disconnecting from EA Servers While Still Connected to Internet

★★★ Newbie

EA, when i first started playing PvZ Battle for Neighborville like two weeks ago, I had no issues. Neither did my fiance who plays the game with me online on a screen right next to mine so we can see when we get kicked from games. For the last few days, whenever we are playing, we will both be disconnected from the same game over and over. We cant even play a full round! 

our internet is perfectly fine and consistent. We dont have this problem with any other non EA games, so there definitely is a problem. Y’all should take it seriously and look into it.

Message 11 of 15 (201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue only with NHL 24 where is says Game Disconnected, and I have lost connection with PS network etc.... My PS5 is hardwired to my router and I have Verizon fios high speed. Is there an update coming soon to fix this?

Message 12 of 15 (97 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @JoeSal718 

Has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 15 (86 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Aljo Yes, I have tried doing this as recommended by a friend. I play other games online such as NBA 2k24 and CoD as well as other games and do not experience this at all. I have been on to play NHL24 but, it is very temperamental like my ex-wife. One minute it is fine and the other I am losing connection during gameplay or worse I can't even access the online features. Are the servers being overloaded perhaps? Can someone from EA take this issue seriously please. I am not the only one apparently.

Message 14 of 15 (81 Views)

Community Manager

@JoeSal718 

How often are you disconnecting?

We can go through some other steps that may help.

• Check your ethernet cable for any damage. Also, make sure it's at least Cat6.
  • Try using alternate DNS settings with the steps here. If you don't see a difference, try the Google DNS servers. Those are: Primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - Secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Also, if you haven't spoken to your ISP, it would be good to contact their support to see if they can check your connection for any issues.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 15 (76 Views)