BUG:Issue (Failed To Retrieve Data) in online connected mode in NHL 20 [CM Edit]

by ryandesigns9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BUG:Issue (Failed To Retrieve Data) in online connected mode in NHL 20 [CM Edit]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: NHL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? BUG: Issue attempting to play any type of online connected mode in NHL 20 STR: 1) Boot up NHL 20 and try and load into any online game mode 2) Try to enter any type of online game (the HUT auction house, Chel menus, etc all work fine it's only when trying to play a game) 3) Instead of loading into the jersey selection screen you will see an ERROR CODE: Failed to retrieve data; please try again later. ERROR CODE: 74A7FC65FB4D3505-0000000000009999-499059EEDEEAA406 ------------- NOTE: This issue only started to occur once I deleted my HUT team and then remade one right after. At the point when I made the new HUT team I noticed a discrepancy in my HUT coins which were showing me my old HUT teams coins and not my new ones. After I reset my xbox the coin issue was fixed but I couldn't enter any online games. I am able to occasionally play but I would say about 60-80% of the time I receive the error code now.
What happens when the bug occurs? An error code appears preventing me from progressing to online play
What do you expect to see? The team select screen
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT, CHEL, VS, SHOOTOUT, anything online based
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) I've seen it at various times - most recently: 12:12PM EST
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? RyGuyx9
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

BUG: Issue attempting to play any type of online connected mode in NHL 20

STR:
1) Boot up NHL 20 and try and load into any online game mode
2) Try to enter any type of online game (the HUT auction house, Chel menus, etc all work fine it's only when trying to play a game)
3) Instead of loading into the jersey selection screen you will see an ERROR CODE:

Failed to retrieve data; please try again later.

ERROR CODE:
74A7FC65FB4D3505-0000000000009999-499059EEDEEAA406

-------------

NOTE: This issue only started to occur once I deleted my HUT team and then remade one right after. At the point when I made the new HUT team I noticed a discrepancy in my HUT coins which were showing me my old HUT teams coins and not my new ones. After I reset my xbox the coin issue was fixed but I couldn't enter any online games.

I am able to occasionally play but I would say about 60-80% of the time I receive the error code now.

Also for reference on an unrelated note - I am unable to complete the HUT Tips with my new hut team as it says I've already completed the challenge but I haven't done so.

Message 1 of 4 (5,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BUG: Issue attempting to play any type of online connected mode in NHL 20

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ryandesigns9 @TTZ_Dipsy 

As you are seeing a Failed To Retrieve Data error message, can we ask you to please post the information we are requesting of players at the following thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Post-your-FTRD-information-here-Failed-To-Retrieve-Data/t...

Thank you for your co-operation on this.

*marked as solution for visibility only, issue currently being investigated

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (5,341 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

You're playing the trial right? I don't think the Deluxe early access starts for at least another few hours.

1 - Most people would have used up their trials by now so the amount of players currently playing could be so low it's affecting matchmaking.

2 - If you are able to play the Deluxe early access now, keep in mind this is pretty much the first time the servers would be officially open, meaning hangups and overloads won't be uncommon, especially for an EA title.

You haven't been able to recreate a team and earn extra pucks through challenges for a couple of years now; the team doesn't like people boosting HUT coins so while you may have made a new team, completed challenges from your original team will stick.

Try a power cycle of your console and router and see if that helps - it could just be a simple cache issue

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (5,441 Views)

★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy I am playing a copy I received after winning a code from the NHL Twitch Stream. When I entered the code it unlocked the game and the nag screen for the EA Access trial doesn't appear anymore.

In terms of your answers:

1) This occurs when trying to play offline HUT games as well so I don't think that it has anything to do with matchmaking because in those instances I would be playing against the CPU. I still get the same error as recent as this morning trying to go play single player HUT Games.

2) I understand hiccups and such but this has been going on for a few days now (since at least Saturday morning). I have seen others who have similar issues with the error message trying to play connected games.

I have already tried power cycling everything in my house, removing the game, deleting the game cache for all profiles and pretty much every other

I believe it's a server side issue as the problem will go away after a couple hours and then I'm able to jump back on, but since Saturday there have been periods of time where everything I try to do throws the error message and prevents me from progressing in the game.

Either way, I very much appreciate your help and it seems that the nag message in the store about opening the EA Access pack has disappeared so if you had any doing in that I thank you.
Message 3 of 4 (5,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ryandesigns9 @TTZ_Dipsy 

As you are seeing a Failed To Retrieve Data error message, can we ask you to please post the information we are requesting of players at the following thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Post-your-FTRD-information-here-Failed-To-Retrieve-Data/t...

Thank you for your co-operation on this.

*marked as solution for visibility only, issue currently being investigated

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (5,342 Views)