YADT. Yet another DLC thread.

by sblantipodi

Original Post

YADT. Yet another DLC thread.

★ Guide

As title.

YADT.

Why there is no info yet?
Will we see a single player DLC? Yes or not?

Is there any ETA for this DLC?
Is it expected this year? Next year? When?

Message 1 of 10 (657 Views)

Re: YADT. Yet another DLC thread.

★ Pro

@sblantipodi wrote:

As title.

YADT.

Why there is no info yet?
Will we see a single player DLC? Yes or not?

Is there any ETA for this DLC?
Is it expected this year? Next year? When?

To answer your questions in order:

Because it's Bioware

Unknown

Look at previous answer

Look at previous answer

We haven't even gotten a date for 1.06 that should be coming out this month still. That should tell you something.

Message 2 of 10 (650 Views)

★★★★ Pro

And just like Bioware's communication, yet another forgotten and unanswered thread.

Message 3 of 10 (647 Views)

★ Guide

ok this answers requires another question.

should I uninstall the game?
I don't want to have unuseful games on my disk but I will surely buy the single player DLC if it will ever be released.

Should I uninstall the game and redownload it if a DLC will ever be released?
If yes, should I need to backup savegames?

Message 4 of 10 (635 Views)

★ Pro

Why would you uninstall a game that you call a masterpiece?

I don't call it a masterpiece and I'm still playing it. Why then do you call it a masterpiece and want to quit playing it for a while?

To me long-term appeal is part of a masterpiece.

And well, how can we answer these questions for you? They're very much a personal preference. Why would you need strangers to tell you what you want to keep on your hard disk or not?

Message 5 of 10 (629 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It is hard to say. As you have noticed, they are bad at communicating dates with precision. A DLC may not take months to come or take more? I really don't expect anything prior to 6 months regarding DLCs, but only patches.

If you have critical space in you HD demanding more space, you could uninstall, then reinstall when you got proper information.

Regarding backup save games, as long as they don't get corrupted, I see no reasons you should delete them. It's not that they'll occupy much of your HD space either. That's considering if they make a DLC that doesn't require you to replay the whole game either. So, those are ... questions in which there are not proper answers either, hoho.

Message 6 of 10 (627 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you have a good bandwith then go ahead and delete it. 45 gigs...

It depends on you, if you like the DLC content by the descriptipn, then go ahead and reinstall the game. Then uninstall if you got bored of it. Rinse and repeat with each DLC.

Why would you NOT back up your saves? They take up somewhere between 50-100 megabytes on your hdd. 

Message 7 of 10 (625 Views)

★ Guide

@EgoMania wrote:

Why would you uninstall a game that you call a masterpiece?

I don't call it a masterpiece and I'm still playing it. Why then do you call it a masterpiece and want to quit playing it for a while?

To me long-term appeal is part of a masterpiece.

And well, how can we answer these questions for you? They're very much a personal preference. Why would you need strangers to tell you what you want to keep on your hard disk or not?

Because I have finished it. No way I play a GDR two times, I have no time for this, even if I consider it a masterpiece.

Message 8 of 10 (595 Views)

★ Guide

@RoastPotato26 wrote:

If you have a good bandwith then go ahead and delete it. 45 gigs...

It depends on you, if you like the DLC content by the descriptipn, then go ahead and reinstall the game. Then uninstall if you got bored of it. Rinse and repeat with each DLC.

Why would you NOT back up your saves? They take up somewhere between 50-100 megabytes on your hdd. 

I'm asking this because I have a Gigabit ethernet, so I can redownload it in minutes, but I don't want to bloat my SSD with software that I don't use for possibly months or year.

I would like to backup the save but I don't know how to do it.

Should I do it or should I trust the "cloud save" that Origin offer ?
To be sure, where are the savegames? I mean the path

Message 9 of 10 (594 Views)

★ Pro

@sblantipodi wrote:

Should I do it or should I trust the "cloud save" that Origin offer ?
To be sure, where are the savegames? I mean the path

x:\<user profiles>\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Andromeda\Save

Message 10 of 10 (587 Views)