[New Report] Mass Effect Online Pass-Access Error For Multiplayer Modes

by tallventii

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 3 PC - Entitlement Issues / Online Pass

★ Apprentice

I followed these steps to the letter and unfortunately it still does the Preparing loop before saying "Download error." No other EA app game install does this -- I downloaded ME: Andromeda and Mirror's Edge Catalyst without any issue, it's just ME3.

Message 11 of 68 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

UPDATE:

Agent #11 came in with a bunch of crap I've already done because EA's outsourced help service apparently doesn't know how to keep track of previous responses, what with a new person responding every single time! Here's what our 11th stooge had to offer, with notes by me!

>Close any background apps besides the EA app or Origin. - Already tried, nothing.

>Uninstall and install the latest version of Origin/the EA app. - Uninstalled and reinstalled EA app four times now, even tried the OG Origin client -- no luck.

>For downloading and installing games use the below link for troubleshoot:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/ea/ea-app/game-download-install-load-troubleshoot - A bunch of stuff that did, you guessed it, absolutely nothing!

https://help.ea.com/help/ea/ea-desktop/troubleshoot-game-download-install-load-issues/ - Literally the exact same link as above, I don't know why this man sent me this twice

https://support.microsoft.com/ - Why would I even contact Microsoft about this????? This is all stuff to do with EA products and something an EA agent did that spawned this new issue.

Please clear cache once .
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ - As outlined in a prior response, I already did this, and it did nothing.

[removed]

(cm edit removed language)

Message 12 of 68 (428 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think this issue here is that EA app is confused -- it says I own the Digital Deluxe Edition outright, but also that I only have access to the Standard Edition with EA Play. I cancelled my EA Play sub already to try and fix it, but I guess that might be the big hangup here.

Message 13 of 68 (421 Views)

Re: Mass Effect PC - Online Pass Error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

These screens were taken seconds apart -- one before I started downloading ME3, and the other after I started trying. Note the switch from "Standard Edition included with EA Play" to "Digital Deluxe Edition owned," but ALSO take note the greyed out button of the app thinking I'm still downloading the game (after cancelling it), as well as the Manage tab showing that I can purchase a game that I already own.

Screenshot_33.pngScreenshot_34.png

Screenshot_35.png

Message 14 of 68 (381 Views)

★ Apprentice
@holger1405 I just realized that I'm a dumb *!!! I moved AND deleted the License folder, then changed install location and it worked! I'm downloading the game as we speak!
Message 15 of 68 (370 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ahhhh, but now that I can get into the game after successfully downloading it, I'm still getting the online pass issue. Ugh!

Message 16 of 68 (364 Views)

Re: MEA: Missing Online feature

★★ Novice

is this still fixable? i have talked to 4 different people in the help chat and none have helped at all

Message 17 of 68 (391 Views)

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Online Pass Required Error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

To Whom It May Concern,

This Bug Report is persisting. I was directed by the EA Support Assistant to post my issue, after they were not able to resolve the issue. They mentioned this bug is an Account situation, so I'm looking for someone who can actually help me resolve this matter.

The matter at hand is when I downloaded Mass Effect 3 and when I logged in, I was met with an error that said I needed an online pass required to continue access.

This is preventing me from playing the game. Can we please have the online pass corrected on my account so that I can log in?

This is the 3rd TIME I've reached out to support, and I've included the final response, in the FILE I submitted.

Message 18 of 68 (383 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Online Pass Required Error STILL PERSISTS

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Doomsent  Yeah this is consistently a problem with EA Support Assistants. Half of them will tell you they can't fix it, half of them will tell you there's no more support for the game, and a microscopic fraction will actually fix it for you. I'm still dealing with this issue myself, but tips and such I picked up from the Answers forum are:

• Mention you need assistance with a "Sunset Game"
  • Link back to the article posted by @EA_Shepard and (as you've already done) speak verbatim to what's written
  • Ensure to explicitly communicate that the issue is NOT involving internet/network connection or server outages, and that this is an issue with account entitlements

I've been in your boots with this for about four days now, and across 12-ish agents since I can't access chat and have to go via e-mail. The best thing you can really hope for in this situation is that one of the community managers will notate your case with instruction to resolve and it'll go through. Working with EA's support staff is agonizing, trust me, I know, but this is truthfully and honestly something ONLY THEY can fix! Godspeed, my friend.

Message 19 of 68 (357 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Online Pass Required Error

Community Manager

@Doomsent With this issue, @tallventii is correct. This is an account issue, not a technical issue and therefore, support has to resolve it on their end. 

I have notated your account on exactly what to do. If I could fix it myself now I would but we can't make account changes over the forums.

You do not need to create a case, you can just start a new chat as I have the case open. If they do not follow the account note please let me know.

I have also reached out to the right folks on this one to make the process I created specifically for this more clear for support.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 20 of 68 (350 Views)