Re: ME3 items missing after purchase.

by Spamwad

Original Post

[EA app] ME3 items missing after purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi All,

I have purchased the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition of the game back in 2013. And recently, after logging in I see, that the ME3 digital soundrack and the ME3 Digital Artbook was removed from my library due to unlisted reasons. Those were included in the purchase that I made, I can still see them in the product page and in my purchase history. I was not notified, that these Items will be removed.

Also I have purchased The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3 digital book, and it is also missing, but I got no message in the EA App. 

Origin was working fine, why had you ruin it? 

Message 1 of 24 (863 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same happened to me - also it says I own Standard Edition, while my purchase history says I bought N7 Digital Deluxe Edition in 2015.

Message 2 of 24 (838 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same.  I also appear to be missing a trilogy artbook as well (no message for it as well).  I have a ticket in, so I might have to mention that next time they reply.

Message 3 of 24 (823 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@spruebox I also created a ticket and chatted with two agents. None could help. The verdict is, that there is a problem with the EA app. This why occasionally games disappear. I was told to wait and post my problem on the forums. Well I am doing my part...
Message 4 of 24 (821 Views)

★ Apprentice

@QVoLiszz:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INVESTIGATION-Missing-Games-DLCs-in-EA-app-Library-Feb-2024-No...

There's this thread, too.  I was waiting to post until I talked fully with support, but I'd imagine it's going to end the same way it did with you (nothing resolved Frown ).

Message 5 of 24 (812 Views)

★ Apprentice

@QVoLiszzThought I'd update you: according to support, the content is on my account; I just can't see if, despite doing some stuff (going as far as reinstalling EA App).  I asked them if there was anything else I could do because all I've tried has not fixed the issue and I'm not really convinced there's anything I can do from my end to fix the issue, considering it showed them as removed through EA App (so the problem is probably there, as you all concluded).

I think I'll go post in that thread that I linked before.

(And sorry for the double post; just wanted to post this update)

Message 6 of 24 (753 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Today EA app updated for my system and after doing so it gave a message saying three items were removed from my library for unknown reasons ME 3 Artbook, ME3 Soundtrack, and something called "quest_item" that I have no idea what it is... Pretty lame.

Message 7 of 24 (638 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried starting ME3 for a little multiplayer fun and saw the same info about content missing.  Now the EA app is saying I don't have an internet connection so I can verify my license.  Seven years playing, now this debacle.

Message 8 of 24 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BhordinI had issues with getting ME3 started as well.  I'm not sure if it would help in your case, but see if the top spoiler box instructions ("Delete EA License Files") help:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Mass-Effect-Games/PC-Mass-Effect-Unauthorized-DLC-Error/m-p/13503563...

Though in your case, I'd just copy the folder to my desktop before deleting just in case.

Message 9 of 24 (573 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think the removed quest_item is the Collector assault rifle. I ahvent verified it yet but thats what I got from an article I'm reading.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/DLC

Message 10 of 24 (430 Views)