Joining MP game in progress: You die before you load in :)

by Krollbar

Original Post

Joining MP game in progress: You die before you load in :)

★★★ Apprentice
Sometimes on PS4 you join a match in progress. Often, you hear gunfire and your character's bleeding screams for help before your load screen clears. And, sure enough, you're dead when you finally load in?

More of a lol moment than anything, but maybe it can be fixed?
Message 1 of 3 (431 Views)

Re: Joining MP game in progress: You die before you load in :)

Community Manager

@Krollbar I hope so. I usually play Krogan so it's less of an issue, but it's still not great when it happens. 

If this does change (making a player invulnerable/invincible until they take any action would make sense) we'll be sure to let folks know, and I'll be keeping my eyes open for any patch notes on this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (417 Views)

Re: Joining MP game in progress: You die before you load in :)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I wouldn't really say it's always a lol moment.  I paid money to buy packs in this game, now I'm losing the consumable I actually paid money for, because they can't even put me into an unstated game.   I lost a 100% EXP Amp to this garbage, one of the UR ones.

They need to add a small section that shows players whether or not the game is already in progress, so we can back out of the lobby before we go in.  It's very misleading to see 3 people readied up - it makes me feel like I'm holding the game up from starting (when unbeknownst to me they're already on wave 5.)

It's horrible because you know 99% of the time when you join these games, even if you don't die loading, you will die 10 seconds later.  Either that or you will be their hero.  In most cases the only reason a slot frees up that late in a game is because they were losing and some guy ragequit.  I joined a game last night where I was the only one alive upon loading in.

Of all the times I've been thrust into ongoing lobbies (realistically probably about 20 times since launch) I've only managed to pull through a single one of those missions with success.

There has got to be a better way.  I know we need that kind of matchmaking due to the fact that people do leave games, and it's unfair for 3 people to be down a squaddie - but it's just as unfair to assume we all want to burn our equipment to pull low levels through failing matches.  I just know I personally do not find this funny since it burns through my real life pocket.  Maybe an option under Random to rule out games in progress, so I Can just join fresh lobbies, that's all I'm asking here -_-

Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)