How to deconstruct equipped items?

by netheril96

Original Post

How to deconstruct equipped items?

★★★ Novice

I have only one set of armor, and I want to deconstruct them for materials and augmentations for a new set of crafted armor. Is there any way to achieve it without buying and equipping a junk set of armor first?

Message 1 of 6 (1,211 Views)

Re: How to deconstruct equipped items?

★ Guide

make a mk1 set of andromeda armor. Its a full body suit minus a helmet. Keep it handy for changing items over.

Message 2 of 6 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Pro

Nope not really no.  if it is equipped you need to equip something in its place.. then deconstruct the item you are wanting to recover materials from.

If you are not already making use of strike teams, they are an excellent source of resource materials from completed missions and do not involve playing multiplayer.

Message 3 of 6 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have sent many strike teams before but I have never found the resources I suppose to get. Where do I receive those results?

Message 4 of 6 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Guide

On the Strike Teams screen click on the box icon on the top of the screen There you will find all the rewards your strike teams have collected for you. Press "V" to collect them all at once. Profit.

MassEffectAndromeda-strike-team.jpg

And no, there is no way to deconstruct any equipment without removing it from your loadout. It kinda does make some sense so you accidently cannot deconstruct your main gear if you not paying attention. Can be annoying but if you have the deep space pack or the deluxe edition you can just equip the Deep Space/Scavenger armor that removes everything but the helmet so when you are upgrading all the 4 pieces of your set at once you can remove most of them just by one click.

Or you can just keep the default armor you start with. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Pro

I was going to reply pretty with the strike team rewards instructions, but you've done it, so have +1 xp from me for taking the time to reply with the info.

Message 6 of 6 (1,171 Views)