First Impressions after 2 hours with the game...

by Ghostryderflyby

Original Post

Re: First Impressions after 2 hours with the game...

★★★★ Novice

The good thing is that Bioware is listening to us...  They could ignore us if they really wanted to and care nothing except the profit...   They responded quickly and stated that they are working on all the bugs...  

This is graphic design,  not simple debugging...  It's like attempting a head transplant on 2 different people ,  It takes a long time to correct such issues...  face reconstruction,   movement,   timing issues...    Heck they may need to call back the models to do another visual scan of their faces altogether to speed up the process if they can....   hope they have that idea in mind before everyone beats ME:A ....  

After playing ME:2, ME:3       I'm sure they will fix everything and return it to it's similar glory days with prior installments...

Message 21 of 41 (615 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just do not understand all of the animation complaints, Sarah is enchanting and Suuvi OMG. Some of the walking people are saying is wrong is actually right, try to go down stairs or hill too fast and some of us go to a wide walk. As far as timing maybe drivers or hardware? I am running on an I7-7700K on a GTX 1070 from a Plextor SSD  (ultra settings as recommended) and it looks freaking awesome at 1080P It does have quest/mission bugs that I am sure will be patched. This is the best game of this type I have ever played and I am 52.

Message 22 of 41 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Ghostryderflyby wrote:

As for the puzzles, they are very infrequent and only used when activating major Remnant technology. You usually need to scan the area to find the glyphs related to the puzzle, then the puzzles are set up like a Soduku puzzle, where you can't have any matching glyphs in any row or column. I'm 100% done with Eos and Havarl and have only encountered 3 puzzles, which is a vast improvement over ME2, where you had to hack friggin everything. If you hate puzzles and don't want to fiddle with them, you can find the solutions online here

The game definitely gets better as you go, and as you get over the learning curve hump.

In case you're wondering...19.

I'm level 62 in New Game Plus Plus and have done 19 of the Soduku puzzles so far.

They're tedious filler at best. But oh well.

I just wrote them down on the first play through.

Message 23 of 41 (604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've played for about ten hours.  Yes, the facial animations are a little crude - sometimes you can see what is behind them through their mouths.  Not sure about the male Ryder model, but when I looked at the other options I was stunned that they were just butt ugly.  Did run into one animation issue with Peebee being buried to her waist on a ramp, but it resolved quickly.  I have a pretty high end rig running pretty much max everything.

Interesting though that on the Origins screen when I hit "play game" there is some screen stutter, but not IN the game.  Also, the last time I fired it up there was a VERY long load screen wait.

I also dislike the inability to save when I want to at times.  Only other thing is that sometimes the companions talk too damn much.  I have to stop what I'm doing to make sure I don't miss something interesting, funny or important.  Maybe 25% less unnecessary dialogue would make me happy.  Still very much getting the hang of things, but enjoying the game a lot.

Message 24 of 41 (599 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Please remember that this game is on multiple platforms. PC, Xbox,Ps4 and even Ps4-pro ( 4K support )

Everyone's gonna scream bloody murder over every little thing. For me I can live with the animation issues. Although when my Playstation cut out with an error code or while in MP someone revived me while I was near a wall then all I could do was strife until I got killed and revived later is my only beef... people had high expectations because this is mass effect not some crappy indie game.
Message 25 of 41 (585 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@xx_panthorium_xx wrote:
Please remember that this game is on multiple platforms. PC, Xbox,Ps4 and even Ps4-pro ( 4K support )

Everyone's gonna scream bloody murder over every little thing. For me I can live with the animation issues. Although when my Playstation cut out with an error code or while in MP someone revived me while I was near a wall then all I could do was strife until I got killed and revived later is my only beef... people had high expectations because this is mass effect not some crappy indie game.

I would say the facial animations grow on you as you play, as does the combat and gameplay. Once you get over the learning curve and get into some of the other planets, it gets really fun. I'm very glad to have the rover exploration back, as I thought that was sorely missing from ME2/ME3. I still feel like I'm only half way through (if that) and I'm now some 56+ hours into the game. There is a LOT of content here. Nice job Bioware!

Message 26 of 41 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

About 36hrs into the game - I love the game... But yes, I am surprised that the facial expressions are a little stiff and "waxy" for being such a top-tier game in 2017.

For me, It does not hamper the game-play - but I think that (opposite the previous ME-episodes for me ) it put a wet blanket on the whole romance-option.

But now I do not think that much about it - just enjoying the game... maybe too much. My gf have not seen me as much as normal this past week! Wink

Keep your way enlightened, pathfinder! Standard smile

Message 27 of 41 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am a really long time fan, so I wanted to love this one as well.

So far I am okay with it, even if the story is rather hard to imagine, in a believable manor.  I still like it so far. I am about 15 hours in, but add another 5 to that as I started two characters, and took both to the main story line arrival...Trying to be cryptic there...

Story is sort of wacky, but I guess all Space story's are a little..

It does not feel exactly like the trilogy, and it sure does not look like it, I am meaning the People are despite my trying to except there looks...{{ Ugly }}} {{{Yuck-O}}}

I sort of like for my fantasy's to be just that, Fantasy with beautiful characters, and mean evil villains..   Sort of the way I think when I read J. R. R. Tolkien, I think of beautiful elf's and handsome young fighting men, and fairy tale maiden's in distress.

Here I feel like I was dragged to some back alley biker bar, concerned for my life, and wishing I had worn a Middle eastern burka

1.But I am sort of able to over look that, and the game is so far very interesting.  I have some buggy things I look forward to a patch for.

2. I hope they fix it so you can have multiple characters, as in save different games, and be able to swap from one character to the other as was always done in previous titles.

Only way i have found to do that is to copy, and past the save folder.. I would like to see that fixed.

3. I have had some problems with save games, the auto save seems to be better than the Hard, or manual user made saves. If I save manually before some place where I might get killed, and get killed Frown a lot of times it will not load the manual save, and I have to quit, and restart and load and older auto save.  I am distress about that. (To much replaying of same area's)

4. Anyway for me...It has been mostly fun so far.

Message 28 of 41 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The game isn't as bad as the internet is painting it to be, yes it has quite a lot of problems (that goes without saying) but you can still enjoy the game.

I have quite a few hours sunk in it and im enjoying it BUT there is one thing i cant seam to be able to ignore like i can do with all the creepy animations, and its how...dead (for lack of a better word) it feels (im a sucker for a good story)

Spoiler
like when dealing with Sloane and the charlatan the final choice is a let down no character, no personality in it, its just another random encounter like the ones in the open world. The loyalty mission are the same, they feel dead

Vetra mission and he sister nearly dying, you kill the bad guy and no speah, no animation noting to make it feel alive, personal 

I miss the rage when jack had to deal with the base where she was experimented on, i miss the relief arch angel showed when we busted him out, garrus and sidonis, miranda and her sister, joker... i could name almost all character of the old MEs, they felt alive, here in andromeda....they feel kind of dead, really i cant really describe well, bad animations i can ignore no problem, enemies floating in middle air doing nothing i can ignore, target practice, ships flying  backwards.... ok new galaxy new rules, but these so artificial and dead characters bug the hell out of me (clearly there are exceptions cait, err i mean suvi actualy feels alive)

Dont get me wrong, like the game, i love the old MEs and how its story built up, the small references to them, but this one wile still fun to play is being quite a big let-down so far, i truly hope you guys at bio step up the ante with any possible future MEs...

anyway people forgive my bad english as it is not may language, have fun

Message 29 of 41 (558 Views)

★ Guide

@Ghostryderflyby wrote:

I would say the facial animations grow on you as you play, as does the combat and gameplay. Once you get over the learning curve and get into some of the other planets, it gets really fun. I'm very glad to have the rover exploration back, as I thought that was sorely missing from ME2/ME3. I still feel like I'm only half way through (if that) and I'm now some 56+ hours into the game. There is a LOT of content here. Nice job Bioware!

If you can bump up the graphics, the facial features do get better.  I had it on medium at first and then bumped it up to high.  My gpu is a 960 so I haven't tried anything higher than that, and I think that if I did, the game would begin to lag too much.

I liked it more as I got past the first few hours and then began to like it a lot, but now am on Kedara(or whatever) and it is all feeling very repetitive and just feels hollow.  The story is very lacking in depth as well as the characters.  I find I have not been drawn in to the story at all and feel nothing for the squad mates.  I just really don't see it having the replay value I was hoping for.  I may not play it a second time.  I guess it will depend how well they fix it and if they come out with some amazing DLC.  I just don't see buying any more of these games either unless they make some real strides in improvement.  It's OK.  I give it a solid 7, but nothing more, because of the before mentioned lack of depth and character, and the majority of the game just feeling like filler in order to make it seem like there is so much to it.  Another one fails to live up to the hype.

Message 30 of 41 (545 Views)