Do You Think We Should Be Able to Load Out With Nothing?

by PretzleMe

Original Post

Re: Do You Think We Should Be Able to Load Out With Nothing?

★★★★★ Guide

@Vellu78 wrote:

In case you're wondering, this is what bio+conduits on an smg is like (though Rozerad is even more insane than equalizer)

https://youtu.be/qh3JBe05L1A?t=651

Modding things like this is why I was going "WTF?" about people complaining about Augments, 4 mod slots and crafting your weapons.

Message 61 of 66 (471 Views)

★★★ Pro

my favorite character (happens to be my first), lvl76 vanguard (well mostly vanguard, and yes i still haven't done NG+ yet), sidewinder IX + heatsink (ext clip, melee opt, receiver, ext barrel ), eagle IX + beam conversion (ext clip, barrel, melee), sweeper IX (hvy stock, barrel, receiver), valkyrie IX (ext clip, hvy stock, barrel, recon scope)... sometimes an inferno IX, isharay VIII + heatsink, or valiant IX. (can't recall the mods on the sniper rifles, it's been a while, and i don't really care for how they work in MEA) 

Message 62 of 66 (471 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I find most of the augments worthless because they're either underwhelming (2% gains?) or the selection has nothing else that interests me.

I like weapons, I like kinetic weapons. I don't like shooting beams of electricity out of my gun, or lasers or grenade-bullets or heat-seeking plasma (I would say I don't even know how that's possible, but Space Magic will probably be the answer). Some people do. That's entirely fine, great even, glad they like what they've been given.

But give us fire-mode augments (that I can actually buy). Give us caliber augments. Give us augments for permanent but less-powerful ammunition types (instead of the pitiful duration ones). Give us ways to customize our gun without turning it into something that doesn't even resemble what it used to be.

Give us augments to transfer stats from one set of armor to another. Give us a shield popping augment that damages enemies near us like the Nomad has. Hell a lot of the Nomad augments would be great. Supplemental life support? Yes please. Give us augments that activate skills in situations*.

A lot of people say that Andromeda is ruined for them by Ryder's goofiness, well I'm much the same way about a lot of the augments ruining the feel of combat. Not all ideas work, but there are a lot more and a lot more interesting ones than we currently have implemented. That's why I complain about augments. The selection could have been much, much better.

*ex.: You have Concussion Shot, Pull and Shockwave as your three skills, and an augment in your chest that activates Nova (at whatever rank you've got it, no use if you don't unlock it) when you're hit by a melee attack (so long as it's off cooldown).

Message 63 of 66 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I am actually a little strange when it comes to augs and mods.  I have seen vids about this god mode shotgun, basically there is a aug that will regen shields by 25% when an ammo clip runs out.  You stick it onto a gun with a very low clip size like a dhan, then you have another aug so that your ammo doesnt run out(cant remember if its the heat sink one)  So basically he's walking around firing away even if he doesnt hit anything he fires just to regen shields and he never dies.  Really creative, but I wont use it cause it breaks the game.  

Message 64 of 66 (441 Views)

★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

I am actually a little strange when it comes to augs and mods.  I have seen vids about this god mode shotgun, basically there is a aug that will regen shields by 25% when an ammo clip runs out.  You stick it onto a gun with a very low clip size like a dhan, then you have another aug so that your ammo doesnt run out(cant remember if its the heat sink one)  So basically he's walking around firing away even if he doesnt hit anything he fires just to regen shields and he never dies.  Really creative, but I wont use it cause it breaks the game.  

Yeah, it's one of those things that's sorta cool to figure out and say "hey look at this", but then it gets boring really fast. I will admit to being impressed by people who figure that stuff out like on day one of the game releasing or something, but then I am more focused on my character and story I guess.

Message 65 of 66 (431 Views)

★★★ Pro

funny, i always wondered how those firing mode augs worked? it can't possibly be as simple as pulling out the mass altering tech, and adding the remnant beam system into say my N7-Eagle, can it?

Message 66 of 66 (418 Views)