Disappointing romance after the hype. Liam deserved better.

by Nykara360

Original Post

Disappointing romance after the hype. Liam deserved better.

★★ Pro

There may be a couple of spoilers in here, don’t read on if you want to avoid.

Compared to some romances others were handled poorly.

All the hype about banging and only three characters actually get a decent sex scene. The others are lame, off screen things.

Lets look at Liams romance. After the third flirt you get two options, one is a sweet forhead touch, the other is off-screeb sex which could be a one night stand, or more. If you choose the sweet forehead touch you don't even get a kiss scene with Liam before talking about getting serious and even then you still don't get so much as an on screen kiss until the final scene between them on Eos. Some adorable conversations with NOTHING remotely sexy to back it up.

I am so disappointed in how poorly such a great characters romance was handled. It could have been so much more.

A couple of solid ideas in the romance that went no where (like Liams hero worship of the pathfinder making it more difficult to see her past it. Touched on only, could have been worked through including some sexy scenes. ) Very disappointing. You guys can do better than this.

Message 1 of 55 (4,652 Views)

Re: Disappointing romance after the hype. Liam deserved better.

★★★★ Guide

Dunno about Liam as I played male character.

But I tend to agree. As "alien dating sim", ME4 fails. Should have been better.

Flirting is good, "friends with benefits" also good, but longterm romances... Not good.

And also, where are orgies in this game? tsk, tsk... Wink

Message 2 of 55 (4,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

For SisRyder x males .. the Alien was the only one who got a sex scene.

Would much rather see sexy human butt hen creepy alien butt.

Message 3 of 55 (4,591 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Vetra </3

Message 4 of 55 (4,579 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I completely agree. I am not a huge fan of alien romances, so I was hoping there would be more to the Liam romance. Liam is an interesting and funny character and he deserved better indeed, there weren't enough romantic/sexy scenes. Must be one of the most disappointing Bioware romances I've ever played Frown I hope they do something about it in future expansions at least...

Message 5 of 55 (4,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Liam is an a s s imho, Jacob was much interesting and deep character.

Message 6 of 55 (4,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GrandFHermit wrote:

Liam is an a s s imho, Jacob was much interesting and deep character.

Okay... either you are male or very sarcastic.... :D
My Shep avoided that  "deep char" as much as possible because I could not stand how BW made her react to that a...ole. Like a * on heat - I hated it wholeheartly. That wasn't my Shep at all. Thank you BW, this is something I will never ever forgive.
Message 7 of 55 (4,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

As a female I'm really, really pissed what romance options we have .... EA / Bioware are like: Take really, really ugly (!!) ,boring men / alien or BECOME les bian. Great EA, good work Bioware ... yes, this is ironic. And: They give MORE les bian romance options in the game but here in the forum the word "les bian" is cencored? REALLY? Sometimes .....

First time that I don't want to have a romance in a Bioware game. Frown I'm incredible dissapointed! And angry ... I feel, sound strange: Insulted as a straight female, by this "little game". I can't tell you why, sorry.  Frown 

EDIT: The most sexy "man" in this game (still a great game by the way) is SAM. Really. Best looking one, too.

Message 8 of 55 (4,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not Liam - WE deserve better.

I watched the Cora romance on Youtube. Since I never play a male Char I just wanted to know if the guys got the same bitter pill as we girls got. Wow, what can I say... same proceture as always, James. Straight girls are always the "loosers" it seems. Thanks a lot BW. So disappointing that you always seem to forget there is more than straight males, gay or lesbians. Straight female DO exist. And hey, two straight romances but 5 * (edit: wait... what??? They censored l..e..s..bi..a.. n. You're kidding...) romances... What is it? Fanboy service to all the straight males who play female chars just to get some L* action? And what is it with Peebee? Too lazy to do least some appropriate cinematics? If we have to be lesbians to get our archievement then at least to some proper animations and not just a swap between sys and broRyder. It does not work that way.
And another thing, we aren't as uptight as our male collegues, we can bare to look at a fully naked man in our romances, it does not offend us at all. Hell, we even aren't offended to look at naked females all the time because we have to to get our achievemet. (just some sarcasm Wink) That reminds me, the ONLY female companion I ever REALLY wanted to romance was Jack but who would have guessed it, she was male exclusively. You can't imagine my disappointment because she mentioned it in one of the many talks my Shep had with her that she was with a female before. Wow, and then I had to learn that Kaidan turned out to be bi after all this years we worked together... (again - sarcasm. And even so much more since I know that Ashley also was ment to be bi with all the proper cinematics, so why just Kaidan and not Ashley, too? Although I cannot stand her it would be just fair at least).

I don't know why we seem to be the "unloved stepchildren" all the time. Maybe because we normally tent to be more patient and gentle. Perhaps we should try to be a bit more "louder"...

So well BW, while you at work adding a solution for the poor m/m romance, you should also take a deeper look into the Liam romance or even better, the f/m romances in general. Straight female deserves better than that.

Message 9 of 55 (4,513 Views)

★★ Pro

@Rappeldrache wrote:

As a female I'm really, really pissed what romance options we have .... EA / Bioware are like: Take really, really ugly (!!) ,boring men / alien or BECOME les bian. Great EA, good work Bioware ... yes, this is ironic. And: They give MORE les bian romance options in the game but here in the forum the word "les bian" is cencored? REALLY? Sometimes .....

First time that I don't want to have a romance in a Bioware game. Frown I'm incredible dissapointed! And angry ... I feel, sound strange: Insulted as a straight female, by this "little game". I can't tell you why, sorry.  Frown 

EDIT: The most sexy "man" in this game (still a great game by the way) is SAM. Really. Best looking one, too.

I disagree that Liam doesnt look good, each to their own there.

I think he looks just fine and super handsome..

His romance however did not match the amazing character he is. Not even close.

Liam has a lot of depth if you listen to him ( and Lexi ). None of which was more than very lightly touched on during his 'romance'. I cringe to even call it that because it just wasn't. I feel more closeness to my best friend than Liams romance put forward.

Some heated kisses and auggestive flirts at the very least should have been seen / taken place before the getting serious conversation.

Its almost like his entire romance happened off-screen. Kisses and all. And all we got was a couple of friendly conversations and finally one kiss on that last Eos date just before the end of the game.

No build up what-so-ever towards romance.

A possible one night stand - if and only if you take an interrupt - and thats it.

Message 10 of 55 (4,507 Views)