black

by An_Iconoclast

Original Post

black

★★★ Newbie

hello i have recently found a decent and cheap copy of the original black and white video game by lionhead studios and EA Games, i installed it and went to play it, but it says i need to log on as administrator, but i already am. and i tried  to go to the command prompt and change it that way, the first part worked, but the second part wouldn't. so, now when i click to run the game, the administrator warning doesn't come up. instead nothing happens at all now

anyone have any ideas, could it be the CD?

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: black

Hero (Retired)

Great game!  Truly one of my favorites.  It's a shame you can't find these games for sale regularly.

Try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/old-pc-games-troubleshoot-black-w...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086255/ms15-097-description-of-the-security-update-for-the...

First you must open the elevated command prompt. This is done by searching for the command prompt and opening it as Administrator. (Which may require certain permissions).

Type in
sc config secdrv start= demand

and hit enter.

Type in

sc start secdrv

and hit enter.

Now run the game.

For security reasons, do NOT forget to disable this again when you're done playing.

Open the elevated command prompt again;

Type in

sc stop secdrv

and hit enter.

Type in

sc config secdrv start= disabled

and hit enter.

Message 2 of 3 (272 Views)

Re: black

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @An_Iconoclast 

Black & White does brings some good memories. The game was great, huge animals, throwing peasants... I remember ones I played the game and was teaching my pet to be good with the people by rewarding it for healing those. Story short he was soon throwing them around in order to heal afterward and be rewarded.

Anyway, I hope @WootCandy advice was a success and you are able to play the game now.   

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 3 (257 Views)