Wing Commander 4

by monarchlane

Original Post

Re: Wing Commander 4

★★ Novice

Hello

Yes I have EA installed.

I tried the instructions in #10 but still not starting.

So I now have the compatibility set for Win 98/ME and  in the wc4dvd.exe properties - compatibility menu run in 640x480, disable full screen, run program as administrator are all ticked.

What else can I try please.

Tony

Message 11 of 15 (261 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @monarchlane 

Would it be possible to try a new user or admin account and running it in Win98 compatability with disabling full screen optimization. To see if the game will launch?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 12 of 15 (240 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again

Tried this idea and still did not run.

Immediately looked as though it was going to work, show momentarily a screen with large numbers etc. This disappeared and a box appeared saying 'preparing game' with an orange bar scrolling which continued endlessly. Nothing more happened!

What next please?

Tony 

Message 13 of 15 (218 Views)

★★ Novice

Still cannot run Wing Commander. Have tried everything suggested.

Are there any more suggestions as to what I should do to get it going.

Message 14 of 15 (158 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @monarchlane 

Can we try clearing your License files and Windows Temp files and attempt to launch the game again?

Delete EA License Files:
  • Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Enable View Hidden Files and Folders
  • Delete all files in the "License" folder.
Please clear your temp files:
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste: "%temp%" (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
  • (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

If the issue continues you may want to try some of the older workaround shared in our thread here

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 15 of 15 (247 Views)