Re: Will Fight Night Champion be backwards compatible for Xbox One ever?

by freakynyse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will Fight Night Champion be backwards compatible for Xbox One ever?

★★★★★ Novice
I want to play this game. It's the best sports game I've ever played but don't want to buy an Xbox 360 again since I already have an Xbox one
Message 1 of 83 (62,310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Beau_Beezy

We don't have any information at the moment as to whether this will one day be made backwards compatible.

What was your favourite thing about the game?

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 2 of 83 (76,990 Views)

All Replies

Hey @Beau_Beezy

We don't have any information at the moment as to whether this will one day be made backwards compatible.

What was your favourite thing about the game?

- Andy -

Message 2 of 83 (76,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It was the perfect sports game.
Message 3 of 83 (62,130 Views)

@Beau_Beezy - Perfect is pretty good alright Standard smile

- Andy -

Message 4 of 83 (62,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi I've been checking every week for a couple of years if this will become backwards compatible on Xbox One. Boxing is my favourite sport, And i played all the fight night games. Way back when it was called EA knockout kings, right through to Fight Night Champion.

Boxing is the Rise again with big stars like Anthony Joshua and UFC is on the down with Ronda beaten and McGregor hoping for a cash out against Floyd Mayweather.

Hope to see a new Fight Night game, but would be more than happy with Fight Night Champion for back compat.

Thanks have a nice day.
Message 5 of 83 (62,113 Views)

@Rif80 - Joshua is fighting Klitschko soon right?

I'm not the biggest boxing fan but I do like Joshua, hoping he can win that match. Do you think he has a good chance?

- Andy -

Message 6 of 83 (62,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Andy yeah big fight soon end of the month. Breaking records at Wembley Stadium. 90 thousand seats sold.

Think Joshua has age on his side plus massive support. While Klitschko has bucket loads of experience with 10 years at the top. Joshua has never fought anyone the like's of Klitschko yet.

I like Klitschko as a person but hope for a fresh face of the heavyweight division.

Will keep checking for a new EA boxing game with the likes of Joshua on the cover. Or even Ali with his passing, or any all time great like Tyson etc,

I have an idea for a story mode which would take a All time legend fighter and showcase his career similar to how Wwe2k showcase the great wrestlers. Would be super awesome.

I remember watching Lennox Lewis fighting back in the day with an EA Sports badge on his trunks, he must have been sponsored at the time. Would be great to see the same for Joshua in time.

Thanks EA for the great boxing titles over the years.
Message 7 of 83 (62,067 Views)

@Rif80 - And thanks to you for sharing your experiences, it's great to hear you had such a good time playing them.

Joshua does have age on this side, it will be interesting to see how age v experience plays out. Joshua seems like a genuinely nice guy as well so I hope he does it, would probably get rid of any critics who think he hasn't quite done it yet against an experienced opponent.

- Andy -

Message 8 of 83 (62,064 Views)

★★★ Novice
Best boxing game to date! It's years old & we need it on Xbox one! Chop chop & make a new one too!
Message 9 of 83 (61,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would love for this game to be backwards compatible and able to play on the xbox one. I'm not sure why I wouldn't be allowed by EA but many fans of EA Sports would love to continue to play this on the updated Xbox platform.

Message 10 of 83 (61,094 Views)