The Sims Classic

by autopimpmaster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims Classic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am moved in Malcolm's mantion compleated all the goals except two. How do i get promotion in Mad Scientist as that is the only job i need promotion on to compleate all the goals as the second goal is finish all 7 careers to see your dreams come true. I have gone to work with everything fully in the green and everybody adores me as everyone is at 85 to 100 except Malcolm he is at 24 as i can not find him anywere since i took his house. I have gone to work dozes of times making sure that everything is maxed in green and yet when i get off the bus i get the same message

Welcome home! Andy brought home

(money symple) 870 Today

Need a promotion? Go to work in a

good mood (green) and have all the

skills & friends you need.

(press left on the directional button

to view career info panel)

There is not a sim that i am not friends with except Malcolm.

I be greatfull if you can inform me on how do i get promotion in the final job "Mad Scietist"? so i can compleat the game on Playstation 2.

Thank you

Message 1 of 103 (2,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [The Sims] I cannot get The SIMS 1 Complete to play on Win XP or Win 8

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jazz19800 wrote:

The Sims 1 screen appears    I press which resolution I want and then it shuts down   Before I return the game to Game Stop any suggestions?

Please try to run the game in compatibility mode. To do that right-click on the game icon and click properties. Go to the compatibility tab and check the box named "compatibility mode". Then set the drop down menu under it to Windows XP (service pack 3).

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 103 (2,912 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Sims Bustin Out on Playstation 2

Community Manager

Hi autopimpmaster,

At the moment, the original Sims game is not supported on these boards. However, I'm sure that the Answer HQ player community will be happy to help you.

If would would like to see the original Sims game supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Thanks,

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 2 of 103 (1,592 Views)

Re: [The Sims] The Sims Bustin Out on Playstation 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@autopimpmaster wrote:

I am moved in Malcolm's mantion compleated all the goals except two. How do i get promotion in Mad Scientist as that is the only job i need promotion on to compleate all the goals as the second goal is finish all 7 careers to see your dreams come true. I have gone to work with everything fully in the green and everybody adores me as everyone is at 85 to 100 except Malcolm he is at 24 as i can not find him anywere since i took his house. I have gone to work dozes of times making sure that everything is maxed in green and yet when i get off the bus i get the same message

Welcome home! Andy brought home

(money symple) 870 Today

Need a promotion? Go to work in a

good mood (green) and have all the

skills & friends you need.

(press left on the directional button

to view career info panel)

There is not a sim that i am not friends with except Malcolm.

I be greatfull if you can inform me on how do i get promotion in the final job "Mad Scietist"? so i can compleat the game.

Thank you

Greetings, AutoPimpMaster!

Have Your Sim Move Back In With Mom At Her House. Then Invite Malcolm Over By Calling Him On The Phone. Then Have Him Eat At The Table With Your Sim, Let Him Go To The BathRoom, Then Invite Him To Watch TV WIth Your Sim, Then Let Him Eat, And Use The BathRoom Again. Then Have Your Sim Socialize With Him Until They Become Friends: 50+. If Your Sims Friendship With Malcolm Still Does Not Allow Him/Her To Get Promoted, Then I Suggest Having Your Sim Invite A Free Street Sim Over To Mom's House, And Repeat The Previously Mention Sequence Of Events Until Your Sim Is Friends With Them: 50+. Also, Keep In Mind That Your Sim Needs To Maintain Any Friendships Made, If You Want Them To Remain Friends.

Peace & Purrr's...        :catvery-happy:

Message 3 of 103 (2,465 Views)

[The Sims] I cannot get The SIMS 1 Complete to play on Win XP or Win 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The Sims 1 screen appears    I press which resolution I want and then it shuts down   Before I return the game to Game Stop any suggestions?

Message 4 of 103 (2,466 Views)

Re: [The Sims] I cannot get The SIMS 1 Complete to play on Win XP or Win 8

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jazz19800 wrote:

Please try to run the game in compatibility mode. To do that right-click on the game icon and click properties. Go to the compatibility tab and check the box named "compatibility mode". Then set the drop down menu under it to Windows XP (service pack 3).

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 5 of 103 (2,913 Views)

[The Sims] Broken Disc 1 of The Sims complete Collection

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

First of all, I truly apologize for posting this question here. I honestly don't know what category I should put this question under, as this question is related to the very first Sims series.

I own The Sims Complete Collection (bundle of the game and all its expansion) but not too long ago, I broke the first CD, which is what I need in order to play the game. I love all sims series and thus, I never get bored of replaying the very first sims even after playing other newest sims. I could really use a suggestion to solve this problem. Thank you.

Message 6 of 103 (2,549 Views)

Re: [The Sims] Broken Disc 1 of The Sims complete Collection

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@OrgOrc wrote:

First of all, I truly apologize for posting this question here. I honestly don't know what category I should put this question under, as this question is related to the very first Sims series.

I own The Sims Complete Collection (bundle of the game and all its expansion) but not too long ago, I broke the first CD, which is what I need in order to play the game. I love all sims series and thus, I never get bored of replaying the very first sims even after playing other newest sims. I could really use a suggestion to solve this problem. Thank you.

Please refer to the original documentation that came with your product for warranty replacement information specific to your product first.

You can find our Warranty Policy here for more information:

https://help.ea.com/article/electronic-arts-warranty-policy 

spectre.png
Message 7 of 103 (2,540 Views)

[The Sims] The Sims Deluxe Edition

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

(The "Select Location" did not have the game I need help, I actually need help with The Sims Deluxe Edition).  Hello, I have a purchased copy of The Sims Deluxe Edition, and every time I try to install it I go through the normal process of installing disc 1, disc 2, I even bought the expansion pack "Hot Date" and installed that.  My problem is whenever I turn off my computer I have to reinstall disc 1, disc 2 and the expansion pack Hot Date every time.  It is pretty irritating to have to reinstall the game every time I turn off my computer.  It says something about how I installed the expansion pack and that I have to update the game by uninstalling it.  If I could get a response soon with a possible solution that would be great!  I really enjoy the game and I don't plan on letting this minor difficulty stop me from playing.

Message 8 of 103 (2,466 Views)

The Sims makin` magic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is this game fore The Sims 2 or The Sims 3?

Please help me :catsad:

:P

Message 9 of 103 (2,156 Views)

[The Sims] I just deleted my normal Sim skins, help?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was taking out a download on Sims 1 (vintage, I know!) and I deleted my Sims 1 Normal skins and now I can't move Sims I created into lots!

Please give me tips, thanks!!!

Message 10 of 103 (2,469 Views)