The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

by zlordy

Original Post

Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

★★★ Newbie

I'd love to see a third part. On top of that, it's the only strategy game I ever got my girlfriend to be interested in.

+1 

Message 21 of 199 (14,816 Views)

LOTR...

★★★ Newbie

I know EA no longer has the rights for LOTR, but would there be any chance of you guys buying it back, and possibly making a Battle for Middle Earth 3? I guess I still have hope for a new one, since they were in my opinion one of the best RTS games. I know, it is a lot to ask for and kinda dumb. 

Message 22 of 199 (14,681 Views)

Re: LOTR...

Community Manager

@Cmad7693 wrote:

I know EA no longer has the rights for LOTR, but would there be any chance of you guys buying it back, and possibly making a Battle for Middle Earth 3? I guess I still have hope for a new one, since they were in my opinion one of the best RTS games. I know, it is a lot to ask for and kinda dumb. 

@Cmad7693 Unfortunately I have no information regarding any intention to buy back the licence, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. That said, should this change in the future, we will let you know of course.

Message 23 of 199 (10,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Dear EA. Please don't make this any harder than it has been on me or anybody else for that matter to acquire this game. I would really like to see a BFME 3 soon considering it is going for like $200 to $1000 on eBay and Amazon which is fricking stupid. What's more dumb is that the Xbox version is still being sold for the BFME 2. It seems like the only way for you guys to tick and actually think "oh, yeah I can make money on this" is if the BFME community start a kick starter to buy and pay for the license ourselves and if that is what it will take to get you guys to make BFME 3 I got $500 right now that I will give to you to produce a masterpiece of epic proportions. This is my thoughts on the matter and if the community did come together and you had enough to pay for a new license would you make a BFME 3 using our money that we "invested in" to get something we want? Please EA don't be stupid about this discussion.
Message 24 of 199 (10,689 Views)

Old titles

★★★ Newbie
Dear Electronic Arts, A thought occurred to me when I found out you no longer supported old games, like lord of the rings battle for middle earth. What I and many other people I figure would like to see is a return of these wonderful games we enjoyed and also not feel ripped of for buying this now outdated games. I suggest that you should re license these games or try to sell them to steam. This way we can play these games we bought and you stand to get more money from these games again. with regarded Goarmy19
Message 25 of 199 (10,642 Views)

Re: Old titles

Community Manager

@goarmy19 wrote:
Dear Electronic Arts, A thought occurred to me when I found out you no longer supported old games, like lord of the rings battle for middle earth. What I and many other people I figure would like to see is a return of these wonderful games we enjoyed and also not feel ripped of for buying this now outdated games. I suggest that you should re license these games or try to sell them to steam. This way we can play these games we bought and you stand to get more money from these games again. with regarded Goarmy19

@goarmy19 Heya,

I can understand your frustration, unfortunately license negotations aren't that easy. If we could, we would still offer the game on Origin of course, but unfortunately we cannot.

I don't want to give any false hope, but if anything changes in the future, we will let you know of course.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 26 of 199 (10,627 Views)

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA, I have been a huge fan of BFME II ever since the first time I've tried it.  Unfortunately that was back in the day when I was still in middle school with no source of income and parents who didn't care much for pampering me with video games, consoles, etc.  Not that it was that big of a deal, but as a result I never had a chance to play with all my friends and join in the vast amounts of fun everyone was having.  By the time I finally managed to get my own xbox and a copy of BFME II, the servers for it had been shut down which meant I couldn't play with my friends nor could I even play online if I wanted to.  Lan parties were the next best thing, but a huge pain in the ass to get everything setup which made them rare occasions at best.  The Witch King expansion may have spiced that up, but even then it's impossible to find a copy that doesn't have a ridiculous price.  With the recent Tolkien movies that have come out, I can only assume it will bring people's attention back anything related to The Lord of the Rings, Battles for Middle Earth included.  It has certainly caught my attention once again.  I understand that it is not an easy task to start production on another game due to legal reasons and other challenges.  So I must ask, what steps can everyone/myself take to make the possibilty of a BFME 3 more realistic?  Anything at all?  No other strategy game has kept as entertained as BFME, in fact it's the only RTS I've come to actually enjoy.  Sorry for making this so long, and thank you for taking the time to read it.

Message 27 of 199 (10,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Paulzio Thank you for sharing your backstory with the game. While I personally haven't had a chance either to play this title, I have had similar experiences with games growing up that I totally adore and miss nowadays. I go back to some of the single player ones occasionally, but for the multiplayer ones it is usually harder to find players.

You have done the right thing in adding your voice to this thread as your story along with all the other posts in here clearly demonstrate that there is a passionate fan base out there who would love to see another game of the series see the day of light.

Unfortunately the truth is that you as a fan currently cannot do much more beyond that to increase the possibility for a BFME 3. 

It is in the hands of the license holders to decide which future games in the Lord of the Rings universe will see the light of the day.

Message 28 of 199 (10,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's clear to see that you and EA have absolutely no options concerning creating a new game and therefore i apologise for the continued nagging. However, i too must emphasise the magnitude of the fan base behind the game. 2 years after EA lost the licencing for this game we continued to find a way to play and use different servers to create tournaments and alike.  However, this has become near imposisble now and the activity has slightly died though i garuantee that some indiviiduals still find a way.

I'm simply replying to keep the interest and make people aware that it was a special game which rivaled all other RTS games.

Cheers/

Message 29 of 199 (10,495 Views)

Community Manager

Fully understood, and for that we are very grateful. I wish I had better news. Confusedmileysad:

Message 30 of 199 (10,489 Views)