The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

by zlordy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I have really simple question about new game idea. What do you think about creation of new part of the Lord of the Rings: The battle for Middle Earth?
Question is why to continue in this long time ago closed idea. After 6 years this game has still its own fans and they make new balances, debugs and improvements of the Witch-King datadisc, becouse it still is one of the best strategy games now. This game is unique in very easy controls and infinity opportunities.
Here is the web page of Rise of the Witch King fans: http://www.gamereplays.org/rotwkunofficial202/portals.php?show=page&name=unofficial-patch-202-downlo...
The Lord of the Rings is still actual theme in the reason of Hobbit films. I think it could be the best strategy game ever, if you make some news:
New factions: Men = Rohan + Gondor + Numenor, Elven = Mirkwood + Lorien ..., Goblins = Moria + Lonely Mountain goblins +..., Hobbits, Istari, Morgoth's faction, Wildman... It can has some story connections, but less than ROTWK disc. And why must be karma only good or evil?
Upgrade create a hero system - this part of game has enormous potential - new hero types, much more spells, graphic details and possibilites...
More powers, more resource gathering possibilities and a lot of other funs ideas.

I wrote this becouse of me and my group are playing this game always on holidays and we still didn't find better strategy for online or LAN plays. Second reason is, this is our first game we bought as original, and it is one more than most of my friends. I just dont like other strategy games - Starcrafts, Command and Conqueror, Company of Heroes and lot of others. These games are just too complicated and I like slogan Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Sorry for my english, it was torture to write it :-)
Tell me your opinions about rise of Lord of the Rings strategy games.
Thank you.

Message 1 of 199 (226,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth 3

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi zlordy,

I am glad to hear that there is still a big fanbase for the game and also found your thread on the page you had linked. As was pointed out by others over there, unfortunately EA does not hold the rights at the moment. For now I have no updates regarding this.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 199 (237,349 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi zlordy,

I am glad to hear that there is still a big fanbase for the game and also found your thread on the page you had linked. As was pointed out by others over there, unfortunately EA does not hold the rights at the moment. For now I have no updates regarding this.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 199 (237,350 Views)

Message 3 of 199 (102,747 Views)

Message 4 of 199 (102,746 Views)

Battle for Middle Earth 3

★★★ Newbie

Personally I dont know why there isnt a BFME 3 and now that the first hobbit movie was released and the second is on the way, I dont understand how you guys at EA wouldnt want to capitalize on the opportunity and mabye think of making a number 3. Please consider it as myself and countless others are still vivid fans of the game.

Message 5 of 199 (214,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

With all the CnC issues, and a clear hype and appetite for Middle-Earth related paraphernalia, EA would easily be missing the opportunity of the half-decade.

Needless to say, I'm one of those silent many that had a gust of nostalgia after looking at this:

http://middle-earth.thehobbit.com/map

Anyhow, if this went forward, a mix of BfME1 and RotWK would be RTS heaven.

This so deserves to be made.

Message 6 of 199 (213,797 Views)

★★ Novice

Still a fanbase?? look here; 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-Battle-For-Middle-Earth-3/[edit: credit card info removed]?fr...

People are dying for a third.....

Message 7 of 199 (206,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i just wanted to say this game changed my life. So much for the better. I played it at a very dark point in my life and it taught me a valueable lesson. The point of percievering despite a bitter struggle. A desperate fight. Things seems grim but keep building. Press and counter. Incredible drama. It is a travesty a sequel has not been made. Perhaps the best rts ever is 2. To my knowledge it is an issue with interest/profits/license. Awesome game i played her today still holds up some new textures and a few more heros...

poof profits...

we just want to play...

tips my hat walks away
Message 8 of 199 (204,504 Views)

Community Manager

Sean, it is good to hear that the game helped you get through this time and we are glad to hear that your life has changed for the better.

That said as stated previously, the ball is not in our court anymore as our licence has expired Frown

We are glad to hear that you all had a great time with the Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth franchise and should there be any development in the future, I will let you know in here Standard smile

Cheers,

Nils

Message 9 of 199 (204,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will be the first to buy it! :D
My favourite game Standard smile, would be pleased with a third game.

Message 10 of 199 (201,443 Views)