The Battle for Middle-earth 2 (remastered)

by akrijkubas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Battle for Middle-earth 2 (remastered)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I wonder if you plan again sell the game: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 in the new "edition" for the new operating systems and new PC hardware like (Age of Mythology, Age of Empires 2,...). I think this game would be again played if there was remastered version whit functional multiplayer. Proof of it can be a large player group on Tunngle and active modder community. This game was amazing and it's pity that the game is dead from the side of publisher.

Message 1 of 7 (5,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Battle for Middle-earth 2 (remastered)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @akrijkubas 

This game is really great and I myself enjoyed it very much myself, but sadly currently there are no plans for HD or Remastered edition of this game. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (6,259 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @akrijkubas 

This game is really great and I myself enjoyed it very much myself, but sadly currently there are no plans for HD or Remastered edition of this game. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (6,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Licensing rights or something?? :-(   I actually love the first one better tbh :-)

Message 3 of 7 (5,294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I agree they have update this game it was indeed a master piece but however i think ea will get a problem bc of the hobbit movies. Yes a remaster will be great and i will definitly buy it  but the fact u only got 6 upvotes means the group is to little at the moment to be interesting on a sales point of view. however i think if u make a new piece of this game where also the hobbit movies are more included like hero's updated. bc u got the dwarfs but the hero's on the dwarfs is nobody of main cast in the hobbits. and the outfits of the movie i like personaly more for the units. So maybe a mix. like a remastering of the game but with extra dlc is u want.

Message 4 of 7 (4,681 Views)

@bvdwbart not possbile. EA can't use the Tolkien's works, as the license now is with Warner. EA lost the license when it expired, as it could not outbid Warner. Since then, EA can't make any new games, nor re-release, remaster, remake or patch the old ones. And Warner has zero interest to work with EA, as that would mean to give EA some money for the tech used in the games developed by EA and share the profits. 

Copyright in a nutshell...which seriously needs to be modernized. It is absurd that a company that developed something for an IP to be unable to re-release/remaster or remake the games they worked on. No one says that they would have to get the whole profit. Spliting it with the IP owner is fair. But, seriously...let the company to use its work from when they had the license. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 7 (4,659 Views)

★ Novice

I did not know this. i was aware that EA stopped all movie games but did not know they didnt had the license anymore. So what u basicly say is lets boycot at Warner xd

Message 6 of 7 (4,647 Views)

@bvdwbart God forbids, no. It's just that Warner has zero interest to see the EA games back, as they are developing their own (see Middle Earth Shadow of...series). And Warner does have their share of good games, too.

Would be nice to convince them to get in talks with EA to bring those old games back (Warner happens to be also be the one that holds the license for the Harry Potter videogames, previously held by EA, too, and the old Harry Potter are also on the list of the most requested games to make a digital re-release). But it's a really long shot. 

We need to bring those copyright laws to the modern age in a way that would benefit everyone: owner, publisher, developer and customer.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 7 (4,629 Views)