Sudoku for iOS

by adkreb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sudoku for iOS

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have IOS 7 and my Sudoku game (NOT THE WEB GAME) will not load.

Message 1 of 35 (5,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sudoku for iOS

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

Here is the latest update from the Help Center article:

I opened my Sudoku app on my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and  it and no longer works. What happened?
On September 18th Apple released their latest software update, iOS 7. Unfortunately, due to the older technology through which Sudoku was written, the app is not functional with iOS7.   We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our users.

Is there a way to fix the Sudoku app so it works on my iOS7-upgraded iPhone, iPad or iPod touch?
Unfortunately, given the older technology through which Sudoku was written, it is not compatible with iOS7 and there is no way to make Sudoku work with a iOS7-upgraded device.   We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our users.

View in thread

Message 17 of 35 (3,247 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sudoku and IOS7

Community Manager
Message 2 of 35 (5,122 Views)

Sudoku and IOS7

★★★ Newbie

I cannot get Sudoku for iOS to load now that I have upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS7.  The initial splash screen appears, but then the animated opening never starts.  This is also happening on my iPad Mini.

I also cannot find the game in the App Store.  Has it been discontinued?  This was the BEST Sudoku game I have ever played.

Message 3 of 35 (5,114 Views)

Community Manager

Can you check if the troubleshooting steps that Barry linked help? 

Message 4 of 35 (5,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done all of these steps, except reinstall the application.  The appliation no longer appears in the iTunes store, so I cannot delete it and reinstall until I return home.

HOWEVER, I have both an iPhone 4S and iPad Mini which are exhibiting the same behavior.  I don't think reinstalling will fix it, if the trouble appears on multiple devices.

Message 5 of 35 (5,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A reinstall of the app did not resolve the problem on my iPhone 4S

Message 6 of 35 (5,102 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for the follow-up, I have passed your info on for investigation.
Message 7 of 35 (5,094 Views)

★★ Novice

No they did not!

Message 8 of 35 (5,090 Views)

Re: Sudoku for iOS

★★★ Newbie
Installed iOS 7 on both iPhone 5 and iPad 4, EA Sudoku won't run on either one. The banner page loads, then the screen just goes completely black. I have tried force-quitting and restarting the app, which didn't help. Also tried shutting down the devices and restarting them by holding down the Power Off button and swiping the red Power Off bar. Didn't help. And now I cannot find the app in the Apple app store, so cannot reload it. C'mon EA, what's up? Have you quietly stopped supporting the best Sudoku app going? How can I continue to enjoy this product I bought with my very first iPad? I've been using it daily for, like, 5 years now. Please, please help your users!
Message 9 of 35 (5,051 Views)

iPhone iOS7 update

★★★ Newbie

after surviving many Ios updates -   the Sudoku App   has failed to work in iOS7.     HELP   I've tried and failed to find a sudoku app  that comes anywhere close to making me happy.    My #1 diversion on my phone.   Please don't make me find something else to do.   

Message 10 of 35 (4,795 Views)