SimCoaster

by Flavious75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SimCoaster

★★★ Newbie

I recently decided to start playing SimCoaster. I installed it on my laptop that is running Windows 7. It worked for a while and after a while (and a lot of in-game successes) it crashed. It displayed the "game.exe has stopped working". I ran my computer in compatability mode in 95, 98 & Me. No luck still crashes with "game.exe has stopped working" again.

Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 21 (16,476 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim coaster on Windows 10

Community Manager

@colinha667 Thanks for the post, I know there are a fair few older games that don't play well on W10 out of the box. 

Can you check this post, hopefully it'll help you to get the game running: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/HOW-TO-Getting-EA-Classics-up-and-running-on-your-modern-OS/...

Cheers

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 21 (15,197 Views)

All Replies

Sim Coaster

★★★ Newbie

I just need to know how to run the installing program for Sum Coaster. It states on the manual that it runs on Windows 95/98/me but not on Windows NT/2000 (not supported), so does that mean that if I am operating on a Windows 7 system that I can't play this game? I've got Sim Theme Park installed on this computer, so why can't I get Sim Coaster installed?

Message 1 of 21 (18,232 Views)

Re: SimCoaster

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It was just one word "Simcoaster", and it is totally unrelated to SimCity.  Is is related to plain old "Sims", but this forum you posted in is for SimCity.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims/ct-p/the-sims

My bet is that it is so old that it isn't supported.  

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=28614&tab=sysreqs

AFAIK it's probably even free to download somewhere by now, legally 

Yup -- lots of places, including   http://www.fullfreegamex.com/simcoaster/

There are virtual systems that allow you to run Windows98 within Windows7, you know.  Virtual PC for Windows 7 is free, I believe, but the Winodws98 copy is not free.  You still have to buy that.

Message 2 of 21 (18,213 Views)

Re: Sim Coaster

★★★★ Novice

I had that problem years ago. You have to make sure you are an administrator and you have to lower all of your security levels to none. After you load the game, then you can raise your security levels back again. I was able to get help back when you actually could get help from EA. You have to do all of the lowering of security through the action center located in the control panel. Good luck.

Message 3 of 21 (18,188 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Message 4 of 21 (15,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you need to run the compatability mode to windows 2000 or lower to get it to work. right now i dont have the cd key to get it installed. i just bout the cd and they didnt include the cd key to run so i wasted a 15.00 for a new cd Frown

Message 4 of 21 (18,162 Views)

Re: SimCoaster

Community Manager

@Flavious75 Hi,

If the game suddenly started crashing without your intervening, there are two things you can try:

• Try a different save game (backup your main one, and start a new game or older save of the current one to see if it still crashes)
  • In order to ensure that no programs are interfering in the background, please run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Let me know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 21 (16,460 Views)

Sim coaster flicking screen

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi there just wondering how do I fix the screen from flicking after I play around 20mins of the sim coaster game???
Need help asap thanks
Message 8 of 21 (16,456 Views)

simcoaster wouldn't start correctly

★ Novice
I have a windows 8 and compared to what I run on it simcoaster is new. I could run simcity 3000 without a patch or any file editing without it crashing. I could install the game with no problem but when I tried to run it, the picture of kids on a rollercoaster with money and a chart on the right side will come up for about 30 seconds and then the game starts. Unlike what's supposed to happen though for a second some tiny purple pixles fill the left side of the screen then I hear a rollercoaster going after that the game crashes. But if I run it from game.exe it'll crash after the picture I did everything I could with the compataplity settings and didn't work what should I do?
Message 9 of 21 (16,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Windows 7 Fix for Simcoaster! Problem solved!

Probably also works for 8 but I haven't tested it.

For Install:
1. Find a serial code.
2. TURN OFF your internet connection
3. Load the disc. If it starts by itself, close out of it. Go into the file in My Computer. Right click on the application file titled "autorun" and go into > Properties > Compatibility > set to Windows XP (Service pack 3). Also change to Run as administrator. Save changes and close out of Properties.

4. Start the application autorun to install the game. You should be able to get the install shield wizard to work. Do not run the game if you are prompted to start the game afterward, or if a window comes up.  

TO PLAY:
1. Go to Program Files > Bullfrog > SimCoaster > look for the application file titled Safemode. Right click and go to Properties > Compatibility and change compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service pack 3). Not necessary to run as administrator but you can. Only launch the game using the Safemode application. This should prevent any graphics problems you may have had before.

It should work fine but I still suggest saving often, just in case Standard smile I scoured the web (including this post) for help to no avail... but now it works using these steps! Yay! If you've already installed the game but are having issues, uninstall it and reinstall using these instructions.

Message 10 of 21 (16,397 Views)