Re: Sim city 4

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Re: Lost serial number for sim city 4 rush hour

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@tkaz11 wrote:

Good day,

I purchased the sim city box set a few years ago and I have lost the booklet for Sim city 4 rush hour. I would like to install this game on my new laptop , but i am unable to without the code. is it possible to get a new one?

thanks;.

For this you will need to contact Origin/EA support they will gladly help you whit this problem https://help.ea.com/en/origin go here press contact as give information press I still need help at the bottom of the page and then press start live chat and you will get a live chat whit an EA agent that will be glad to help you

If I helped please mark this as solved!

Good luck!

Message 191 of 278 (526 Views)

Serial Code Invalid?

★★★ Newbie

Just bought an original Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition today and try to install with Serial number at back of the manual, but during validation of serial number, installer says "Code non valide..." . I repeat installation on another PC and same result. Same problem with your "on-line activation process". I can provide you this and prove of purchase if needed.

Thanks so lot for your assistance.

Message 192 of 278 (518 Views)

Re: Serial Code Invalid?

Community Manager

@herrkapelmeister wrote:

Just bought an original Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition today and try to install with Serial number at back of the manual, but during validation of serial number, installer says "Code non valide..." . I repeat installation on another PC and same result. Same problem with your "on-line activation process". I can provide you this and prove of purchase if needed.

Thanks so lot for your assistance.

Hi,

You will need to contact an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

Log in with your Origin account and choose a "Product", "Category" and "Platform" to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 193 of 278 (512 Views)

SimCity 4 Deluxe won't install on Windows 7 64 bit

★★★ Newbie

I am having trouble installing SimCity 4 Deluxe on my new Windows 7 64 bit machine. It previously installed and ran fine on my Windows 7 32 bit machine. When disc 1 autoruns, the small SimCity screen opens with "Play", "Readme", etc, it then ask me to insert disc #2. After inserting disc 2, nothing happens. 

Message 194 of 278 (503 Views)

Sim city 4

★ Newbie
I recently bought my girlfriend sim city 4. When installing the game an error comes up saying serial number invalid. The game is brand new and the code should work. Should I simply return the game for exchange or can ea create a new code so I can install the game? I have the receipt and serial as proof of purchase.
Message 195 of 278 (484 Views)

Re: Sim city 4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@libzeh wrote:
I recently bought my girlfriend sim city 4. When installing the game an error comes up saying serial number invalid. The game is brand new and the code should work. Should I simply return the game for exchange or can ea create a new code so I can install the game? I have the receipt and serial as proof of purchase.

Hi,

First try visiting this page and activating it here: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

1. Login with your EA account
  2. Enter the code in the box above.
  3. Click Sign In to redeem the code.
  • It may ask you to link or create a new persona. If the code is still coming up invalid, please contact us and we can assist you further.

Note: You may need to go back to options and click on "Refresh My Games" before the game will show up in Origin. If this does not make the game show in your "My Games" section, please log out and log back in to Origin.

Should you still have issues afterwards, you can contact an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

Log in with your Origin account and choose a "Product", "Category" and "Platform" to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 196 of 278 (482 Views)

Re: [SimCity 4] Register retail copy of Sim City 4 with Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EDIT:  Just saw the more recent posts about 'contacting a Game Advisor".  I will try that next.

I did this, however, SimCity 4 is not showing up in Origin at all even after logging out and logging back on.  Any other suggestions before I wipe Origin and try a fresh install?

Thanks,

Alex

Message 197 of 278 (472 Views)

[SimCity 4] Polish language support for Steam

★★★ Newbie

Hi,
in SimCity 4 Deluxe I can see that there is a Polish help, Polish readmes a file called pl_filelist.txt which says there is a Polish locale.
Because there is no option in the steam client to change the language to Polish I assume it's a missing feature.

Could you please add an option for the Polish language in the options and copy the correct files into the game folder?

Message 198 of 278 (462 Views)

Sim City 4 Help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have purchased discs for sim city 4 (several years ago and now lost) as well as buying the digital delux version several months ago. I have since transitioned to a macbook pro and now want to play sim city 4 again. However when I went to download the game from origin it won't let me because I'm not on a windows computer. I have a product key for the digital delux so I should be able to play the game still. I just need a way to download the actual game data which is sitting in my origin account, so how do I get it? What can I do?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Message 199 of 278 (479 Views)

Sim City 4 Deluxe edition invalid code when trying to install.

★★★ Newbie

Trying to install Sim City 4 Deluxe edition. I have followed the onscreen instructions up to typing in the code from the back of the instruction booklet. All I get is the following message:

You have entered an invalid code. You cannot continue the installation process until you have a valid code.

This is on CD rom.

Can you help please?

Message 200 of 278 (470 Views)