ShadowCaster

by fd8412e06c23524ce4b501db621a7f97

Original Post

ShadowCaster

ShadowCaster is old game developed by Raven Software and Published by Origin System, Inc. as Origin is now absorbed by Electronic Arts. You have rights for this games. I am very love this game. It would be great if this come to Steam or GOG with OpenGL Edition or release source code.

Similar things (as example) is done for Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Strife: Veteran Edition old games with modern ports, just wow i love them so much, there is even older games at steam like Gold Rush! Classic from 1988!!! date release.

Will buy instantly without any questions =).

ShadowCaster OpenGL Edition

or ShadowCaster source code release.

Message 1 of 8 (765 Views)

Re: ShadowCaster

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Games from the old 16-bit MS-DOS era require an emulator such as DOSbox, and are incompatible with the game development tools of a 64-bit electronic world.  This is Answer HQ, the game player community, not EA itself.  IMO, it is doubtful that products that had but limited success in the DOS era, compared to the big hits, will ever be brought back.  

Message 2 of 8 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@fd8412e06c23524ce4b501db621a7f97 

The question has a response in the website.

Message 3 of 8 (747 Views)

Source code release?

"The question has a response in the website."

where =0?

Message 4 of 8 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Games from the old 16-bit MS-DOS era require an emulator such as DOSbox, and are incompatible with the game development tools of a 64-bit electronic world.  This is Answer HQ, the game players' community, not EA itself. It is doubtful that products that had but limited success in the DOS era, compared to the big hits, will be brought back.  

What do you call that quote above?  It certainly meets my personal definition of what an answer is. 

Message 5 of 8 (733 Views)

Hello, i am sorry disturbing you again. Did it possible source code for shadowcaster to be released? Or can i buy it, or pay for working on realization of releasing . Or another ways to get it? Preferably it going public, in most worst case only for me? I can sign licence and buy/pay (for) it? Please help, what i need to do?

Message 6 of 8 (707 Views)

Hero (Retired)

No sorry man it's very unlikely.

It uses a game engine between Wolfenstein and Doom.  I found both of those as open source releases on Github but not Shadowcaster.  Perhaps you could use the many mod tools to build and play with on those games?

I found some threads discussing modding Shadowcaster on Doomworld.

Message 7 of 8 (695 Views)

Would be very cool.

Any contacts to EA?

Some others players as i see want it too =)

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shadowcaster

Message 8 of 8 (662 Views)