by Zensai89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Having trouble adding my BFME 2 Copy to my Account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, 

maybe someone can help out. 

I have gotten my hands on a legitimate Copy of BFME 2 through a friend, who purchased the game ages ago in a retail store. 

i opened a case, that got closed immedietly (got en Email to my OLD Email Adress also, telling me to basically answer to that email with proof or purchase, which is not possible as that email is not able to send out mails, which is why i abandoned it and changed my contact details.)

And i cant even re-open it.  No matter what i try, it stays on "solved". I've tried reopeneing it multiple times. I also did not get an Email confirming it was reopened. 

Of course, i tried contacting them from the real email adress (which is also in my EA Account Contact Details) and guess what: I get a Message back, they dont monitor that email, even tho they told me to reach out with more info TO THAT  SPECIFIC EMAIL ADRESS. 

BFME 2 is an Old game, and it was bought way before online purchasing was a big thing. It was straight from retail store ages ago, Theres no such thing as a receipt and for that game, the Photos of the Case with Booklet and Disc should be sufficient as a proof of ownership in this case.

Chat is only available in the Customer support if i claim my account has been hacked, which it certainly has not and usually the people there cannot help out with Code Redemption problems.

Or should i try anyways? 

Any Ideas on what to do? BFME2 is extremely expensive nowadays, i would really like to use my copy, after all thats why i bought it in the first place. It wasntmeant to sit on some shelf.

Thanks!
Zensai

Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Having trouble adding my BFME 2 Copy to my Account

Community Manager

Hi @Zensai89 

Apologies on the delay, To confirm we are unable to edit your cases or speak to support for you. 

Also, if you are trying to have support digitally add Battle for Middle Earth 2 to your account, this would not be possible. 

In order to attempt to play you would need to use the CD with the game. 

Cheers, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (291 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Zensai89 

It sounds like our support might be trying to verify the EA account to further assist, you can resume the case from help.ea.com (by signing into your ea account) and provide the requested details. 

If you are trying to play Battle for Middle Earth you may need to use the CD that comes with the package. 

Cheers. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium , First: Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Thats exactly what i tried. The Mail i tried was just on top of that. it takes me through the whole process of resuming the case, just to then NOT reopen it but leaving it closed.

Im Hoping someone on here (👀) might be able to have them reopen the case or talk them thru my issue, so they add the game to my library.

I can of course use the DVD (were talking BFME2), however from what i know i can also have the game added to my account through support. this is what im trying to achieve here.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 6 (391 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Illium again,

any news maybe? Sry 4 pingin again, but im really trying to get this sorted out.

Cheers
Message 4 of 6 (319 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Zensai89 

Apologies on the delay, To confirm we are unable to edit your cases or speak to support for you. 

Also, if you are trying to have support digitally add Battle for Middle Earth 2 to your account, this would not be possible. 

In order to attempt to play you would need to use the CD with the game. 

Cheers, 

Illium.png

Message 5 of 6 (292 Views)

★★ Novice

They do not have the game available digitally on EA. Its one of those rare gems people have allowed to fall through the cracks because of license rights of what I understand. They need to find a way to fix this since these games were some of the best LOTR games I have played. Until someone gets the rights to the game again we might not see it for a while. The Expansion pack is on the store, but the Original BFME and BFME II are not on here and have not been on here since I tried over a decade ago. I wished they sold this game on GOG.com so I could play it and not worry about stuff like this anymore.

Message 6 of 6 (180 Views)