Harry potter and the chamber of secrets

by Unlucky_Louie

Original Post

Harry potter and the chamber of secrets

★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I was just wondering why I can't play this game anymore? I recently installed this game, using the CD I purchased, with the serial number and all. However, I can't play the game for some reason. When I run the game file it simply says "log in with administrator rights and try again". Don't know why this is an issue, as I would imagine that my computer, which is more than capable of running games that are much more demanding than this game when it comes to graphics and so on, should be able to handle this game. If this is a case of Windows 10 not being able to run this game, is there a way I could get it digitally from you guys? 

I hope we can find a solution, since I would very much like to play this game I purchased from you again.

Thanks in advance, best regards

- Unlucky_Louie

Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: Harry potter and the chamber of secrets

★★★ Newbie

This game and many older games uses a DRM (copyright  protection) method that uses a driver called secdrv.sys.   Apparently it has security vulnerabilities and Microsoft recently released a patch which disables this driver from running and breaks all the older games.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/secdrvsys-not-loading-in-windows-...

Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)