Re: Harry Potter and the Golblet of Fire Installation help

by plokite95

Original Post

Harry Potter and the Golblet of Fire Installation help

★★★ Newbie

I found my old copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of FIre the other day and wanted to try playing it. I have my key and everything, the only trouble is that when I put the CD into the drive, nothing actually happens. My computer reads that there is a disk there and I can go into the disk to try and run the RunGame.exe but when I do all it does is ask for permission and then nothing happens. Is there any way that I can get the game installed?

Message 1 of 4 (363 Views)

★★ Guide

@snidewaffle

Like the HP games before it, Goblet of Fire uses the SafeDisc copy protection, which had its driver removed from Windows 10, meaning that no game which is protected by SafeDisc can launch on Windows 10. I can't give you a reliable bypass of this issue at this time, except seeking an... executable (stay safe).

Message 2 of 4 (360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im aware the first two games needed me to find a way to circumvent the SafeDisc but  the 3rd game didnt, I just had to put it into compatibility for XP and that let me run the installation no problem. Here I can't even get the installation to run properly.

Message 3 of 4 (356 Views)

★★ Guide

@snidewaffle

Generally, setup programs require you to run them as administrator, so that they get the necessary privileges to install programs and games, look up system files and manage the necessary registry files.

Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)