Re: EA is retiring older games

by Kinjjames

Original Post

EA is retiring older games

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

We’ve had a lot of fun bringing you exciting experiences over the past few years. We hope you were able to enjoy our games too, alas the time has come to withdraw particular features or modes of certain EA games, or to retire online services relating to older EA games. These decisions are never easy for us and we really hold a lot of these games close at heart, however, there comes a time when we are no longer able to continue the behind-the-scenes work necessary to keep the services for these games going. Here is a list of the titles for which we will shut down the online services on the 24th of October:

• Grand Slam Tennis 1/2
  • Madden 12/13
  • NCAA12/13
  • NHL 12/13
  • Tiger Woods 12/13
  • Burnout Revenge, Burnout Crash

You can also keep track of what games we are retiring and when on this article: https://www.ea.com/service-updates/2017

Roger.png
Message 1 of 14 (1,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

as long as you guy's continue working on fight night champion , were happy.

as of now the boxing community is left behind watching other games continue to be produced while where shelved for 6 years and who knows how longer. its bs. there is too much going on in the sport to not create a new boxing game and its unfair to us?!
anthony joshou vs. klitscko gennady golovkin vs canelo alvarez ; we have guys like mayweather, danny garcia, keith thurman, adrien broner, shawn porter, errol spence jr, kell brook, charlo twins, roman gonzalez, lomanchenko..........why ea.why!!!

[Edit: Caps Lock removed]

Message 2 of 14 (1,930 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just promise to not Retire Fight Night Champion, its the only boxing game we have. Frown

Message 3 of 14 (1,881 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think they will release a new Fight Night after UFC 3.

Message 4 of 14 (1,862 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I highly doubt it. I don't think they realize how much money they thru sales they would make with a new boxing game. It makes perfect sense, why not?

1.Alot of attention is on Boxing right now due to Dana White and Al haymond making  McGregor,Vs. Mayweather happen, Joshua Vs. Klitscoko broke numbers in the UK, not to mention Canelo Vs. GGG is near

2. Fans will buy the Game, due to there not being a release of a new boxing game in 6+ years. 

3.There are many new Big Name fighters in Boxing right now including, Mayweather,Pac Man, Thurman, Garcia, Broner, GGG, Canelo, Crawford, Porter, Spence jr,,,ect i can continue to name big name right now. 

4. You have people buying old Consoles (PS3,360) JUST to play fight Night Champion alone!

5.We get tired of the same game's, UFC, Something New Like a BoXING Game will SHOCK the audience of hearing about a new Boxing Series being release after almost a DECADE,  and everyone will buy the game for that reason alone!

IT MAKES NO SENCE NOT DEVELOP A NEW BOXING GAME FOR AUDIENCES. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,848 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Now i spoke to EA today, and they stated that as of Last Week there is NO LONGER a fight Night studio for a server to be hosted. which means no Boxer Share, Download Boxer, And Fight Night Store. 

Download Boxer is BEST feature in game, allowing us to download new boxers and unlicsenced boxers based on photo face options. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you're not creating a new boxing game, that's fine. I understand that's a ton of work and money. But, to shut down the servers for us to download created boxers is asinine. We're not asking for much...

Message 7 of 14 (1,809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
That's the part I don't think EA understand, If your NOT going to create us a new boxing game , THEN AT LEAST do something about our servers being down. Just like the other guy stated "were not asking for much" Just for our servers to be back up.

The Boxing community puts time and effort in creating our CAB's for eachother because Ea doesn't have lisensing and Ea won't create us a downloadable Boxer themselves with updated fighters such as GGG,Canelo,Mayweather,Joshua etc so we have to create our own WHICH we as a boxing community we're happy with doing and had no problem with, BUT to take out the entire, most influential and realistic feature of the game is Ridiculous and not right.

EA has to do something about this, Only time will tell and we are already 6 years behind, what else would it have to take?

The Sport of Boxing is Well and Alive Today !
Message 8 of 14 (1,798 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
We have to continue fighting for Fight Night Boxing Fans , let's stand up do something about this, we won't accept retiring (shelving) our Games NO LONGER

Do we need to fundraise, Kickstart, Private Loans and Grangs , what will it take for EA to take us serious and NOT as a joke.

They sit back and read our Threads and have nothing to say.
No apologies
No updates
No warnings
No Resolution
No Response

It's unbelievable!
Message 9 of 14 (1,797 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hey bro, Um I was Doing a Channel About Fight Night Champions I honestly Didn't Care weather a new Game came out or not, but when Y'all shut the Servers down It Just Fustrated Me, I Would Like y'all to try and re open it, Just for the sake of all us customers who buys the older games, and I apologise for taking your time up
Message 10 of 14 (1,564 Views)