Dungeon Keeper 2 missing dll error

by HannaFey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dungeon Keeper 2 missing dll error

★★ Novice

I have just purchased Dungeon Keeper 2 but every time I try to launch it I get an error message saying it is missing the weanetr.dll file. I've checked the game folder and the file is definitely in there. I have tried repairing, updating, reinstalling, and running the game with different compatibility settings. I've spent a couple hours googling the problem to no avail and am completely out of ideas.

Message 1 of 7 (3,409 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 missing dll error

★★★ Novice

I finally found the fix for it, turn on DirectPlay in the control panel and go to programs and features, then click on turn windows features on or off, next go to the folder there called legacy components, expand it and in there you should find a program called DirectPlay, click the box beside it and wait for it to install, then you are good to go

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (4,822 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

did you find a fix for the problem, I have the same issue and have spent some hours on it without any success

Message 2 of 7 (3,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

I finally found the fix for it, turn on DirectPlay in the control panel and go to programs and features, then click on turn windows features on or off, next go to the folder there called legacy components, expand it and in there you should find a program called DirectPlay, click the box beside it and wait for it to install, then you are good to go

Message 3 of 7 (4,823 Views)

★★★ Novice

Brilliant.... fix worked for me... thanks

Moose

Message 4 of 7 (3,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

what worked for me with the direct play solution (after 7 and a half hours of trying other things..) 

control panel -> programs -> programs & features -> turn windows features on/off (this was on the left of my window) -> legacy components -> direct play (selecting this selected the whole file for me but just in case there's other stuff in yours, this direct play is what you're looking for).

click OK. start the game and weep tears of joy as i did

this is the link for the direct play solution, its kinda quiet but it works! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYyGB-Tn3g

Message 5 of 7 (2,969 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Love you. for ever. It worked for me. Must be promoted solution! thanks!

Message 6 of 7 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks!!!!!!
Message 7 of 7 (1,923 Views)