DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue

by runelord666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

Whenever I get around 35% of the game done the data gets corrupted and I can't play it that file anymore?

Message 1 of 5 (1,464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: deathspank thongs of virtue data corruption

★★★★★ Expert

It appears that Hothead Games elected to provide their own tech support, and seems to be continuing to do so:

https://hotheadgames.zendesk.com/entries/24897072-DeathSpank-Thongs-of-Virtue-FAQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,615 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

It appears that Hothead Games elected to provide their own tech support, and seems to be continuing to do so:

https://hotheadgames.zendesk.com/entries/24897072-DeathSpank-Thongs-of-Virtue-FAQ

Message 2 of 5 (1,616 Views)

[SOLVED] DeathSpank 1 (Not "ThngsOfVrtue".) Demon water quest: Bucket gone due to game crash. Can't get a new one. Any ideas?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I didn't know how to use the bucket with the fountain, so I switched to Desktop with Alt+Tab and searched. Then I switched back, but the game crashed.

When I was eventually back in the game, I realized that the bucket was gone. It was nowhere to be found, and the farmer assumed that I have it.

Game-breaking bug. Is there any way other than starting again at the beginning?

I retrieved the Empty Bucket from the Lost&Found (near the fisherman). That was even after opening the sealed door etc.

Message 3 of 5 (1,463 Views)

Re: DeathSpank 1 (Not "ThngsOfVrtue".) Demon water quest: Bucket gone due to game crash. Can't get a new one. Any ideas?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Message 4 of 5 (1,460 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, but that link relates to game 2 (Thongs of Virtue), while my problem relates to game 1. But I could use your link to find the correct FAQ on that site. It does not have a solution, though.

My problem is not related to data corruption at a certain point, but due to a "manually" inflicted crash via Alt-Tab. At the time, I experimented with dropping the bucket close to the fountain to fill it with water. So, it may well have been on the ground at the time, not in my inventory. After I got back into the game, it was nowhere to be found, though.

Message 5 of 5 (1,441 Views)