Crysis 3 won't launch

by ShiNNNNNNNNNNNNl

Original Post

Re: Crysis 3 won't launc

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Righto .. uninstalling DLC didn’t work… but I worked out what *did* work…

This brain dead game needs you to launch WITHIN AN ADMIN ACCOUNT. It’s not enough to “Run as admin” from a standard user account… the *account* has to be an administration account.

I logged in to my local admin account, then I launched the EA App using “Run as Admin” , then launched C3 from there as normal. It booted me to the menu. I haven’t played, nor have I reinstalled with the lost island DLC to see if that impacts it (it’s late af here … <yawn>) BUT no more permissions errors.

It may even launch within an admin account without “Run as admin” … I haven’t tried yet….

You could probably change your standard account to an admin account and it’d work there too… ymmv.

EDIT: you don’t seem to need to run as admin at all… just be in an administrator account when launching…

Good luck!

Addendum:

To the EA community managers - you should feed back up that the game needs to be modified so that the game DOES NOT REQUIRE ELEVATION AT ALL, let alone need to be run from within an administration level account! It’s ludicrous.

You guys still sell this game. Until you completely withdraw it from sale you DO have an obligation to make it playable (and not by forcing kids to an administrator account to which they may not have access, for very good reason). In my jurisdiction (Australia) you’d be forced to refund if requested under our Trade Practises Act as unfit for purpose… not the best image tbh.

Get your act together and either withdraw it from sale, or fix the game to play under a standard user account!

Message 11 of 28 (1,903 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@executioner1011 Sadly doesn't work for me and I am logged in as an administrator.
Message 12 of 28 (1,865 Views)

Re: Crysis 3 won't launch

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have the Lost Island DLC and I get this error. I tried running the game and EA app both as admin and still get the error. I am the administrator on my pc as well.

Message 13 of 28 (1,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hmmm. I just tested changing my standard user account to an administrator level account, started the ea launcher, and then C3.

Prior to the change, it wouldn’t load (instead producing the permissions error described in the OP)… afterward, it does load successfully. 

Just to confirm… if you type “Account” in the search window, then go to “Manage your account”, you are listed as an “Administrator”?

Curious too if yours is a Local Account, or one managed through MS (mine is a local account - I’ve never registered this one through a LIVE login)… that shouldn’t matter… but nor should being an admin at all….

fwiw, I’m on Windows 10 … not sure if W11 is different yet again…

To labour a point (sorry) … attached are 2 images of what I’d expect to see for a non-admin vs admin…

Also - fwiw, I returned my usual account back to a standard account… and the permission issue then reappears and I cannot launch C3 

Message 14 of 28 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm on W10 Pro logged in with an administrator account; tried running EA app as admin; no dice for Crysis 3. 

Message 15 of 28 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello , I have tried this method but i have a gaming OPS much more like windows , so i dont know what could be the problem . My account is Administrative as you mentioned and tried running the game as administrator but doesnt work. Ive tried reinstalling Origin but it forced me back to EA app. I even tried to link the game to the other platforms but nothing works. Ive reinstalled the game, ran it as admin from the local files and nothing works , it would be great to get this issue fixed pretty soon , if so not i will be forced to get a cashback.

Message 16 of 28 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've given up and uninstalled the EA Ap; not worth my time to get irritated by EA's willful negligence of paying customers.

Message 17 of 28 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is too late but after spending hours trying, I found a post from back when it was still origin. They said disabling origin game overlay would fix crash bug. Out of shear desperation I tried disabling EA in game overlay and it worked. I don't know if it was this specifcialy but good luck to anyone that might need this.

Message 18 of 28 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Will give it a shot, thanks

Message 19 of 28 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@NotrsDrgn unfortunately this did not work for me
Message 20 of 28 (1,275 Views)