Battle for Middle earth 2 . 3 minute 30 seconds crash while using physical copy

by Kiinzer

Original Post

Battle for Middle earth 2 . 3 minute 30 seconds crash while using physical copy

★ Novice

I've been unable to launch the game past the loading screen until now (on windows 10, an issue widespread through the community). I found a tool which edited the .ini file to make it load.
Now I can get the game to load, however the game auto defeats me at 3 minutes 30 (I believe this to be an anti piracy thing).
But I'm using my physical disc, I was wondering if there'd been any fix to this, because short of downloading and then running the game with pirate resources I can't play it.

Regards

Message 1 of 5 (5,234 Views)

Re: Battle for Middle earth 2 . 3 minute 30 seconds crash while using physical c

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue. Since purchasing a brand new copy of the anthology recently (for an extremely high price) I have had nothing but problems. First was not being able to actually launch the game which was fixed by adding an options.ini file manually. Trying to play after sorting that and I start celebrating too soon when an anti-piracy bug causes auto-defeat and makes the games unplayable after 3 minutes. I have scoured the net and forums trying to find a solution and nobody seems to have one besides reinstall or clean reinstall which has had no luck for me after repeated attempts.

Message 2 of 5 (5,085 Views)

Re: Battle for Middle earth 2 . 3 minute 30 seconds crash while using physical c

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem right now. Have been playing the game for years, however that is about 10 years ago... Now I wanted to play it again and it kills everything within the first 3 or 5 minutes. Have been looking for a solution, but can't find any. I will probably be calling the customer support soon cause this is ridiculous... It's an original copy yet it activates the anti-piracy bug...

Message 3 of 5 (4,969 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I brought this up to Ea before and all they did for me was give me a free game. I don't think their really is a fix for this unless the game is re-released. Which really sucks considering how good of a game this was.

Message 4 of 5 (4,937 Views)

Hero

@GraumannNoodle wrote:

I brought this up to Ea before and all they did for me was give me a free game. I don't think their really is a fix for this unless the game is re-released. Which really sucks considering how good of a game this was.

@GraumannNoodle There's not much EA can do about this, unfortunately, since Warner Bros. now has the license for all Middle-Earth games.

However, I remember getting a similar issue in BFME1 and managed to solve it. For me the solution was to install the game outside of the Program Files folder. Assuming it's the same for the sequel, I would try that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (4,916 Views)