Dragon Age 2 - New Purchase

by Necronis1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 - New Purchase

★★ Novice

Hi all, 

Unsure if anyone can help but here goes.

I have JUST purchased DA2 through the Origin Client, it shows up in my games. It downloaded fine and installed the content, free stuff and high res textures. When I click on Play it was initially giving me no error message but just popped up with Launching Dragon Age II then vanishing.

Since then when I try with the shortcut on my desktop it now pops up with an EA Error: We're sorry an error has occurred. This game has not been unlocked, please try again later.

Tried the Activation UI.exe and it flashes onscreen and vanishes but I cannot get passed this message. If I try the activation code it just says it's already been used which should be right if I used the Origin client. 

When I go offline and enter in my username/email and password it just says the game has not been unlocked.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 - New Purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Sounds like an installation hiccough.

First, I would try the un-/re-install route.  If that doesn't work, I think you'll need official support from the "EA Game Advisors".

See the NOTICE at the top-right of every forum:

====================================

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (414 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dragon Age 2 - New Purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Sounds like an installation hiccough.

First, I would try the un-/re-install route.  If that doesn't work, I think you'll need official support from the "EA Game Advisors".

See the NOTICE at the top-right of every forum:

Announcements

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, please Contact Us using the Help Center.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2 (415 Views)