DA: Origins - Renew DLC Code

by NightingaleZK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA: Origins - Renew DLC Code

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm new to the community, as in I never expected the need to use this, but hopefully I'll get the answers I require in a hearty manner so everyone can continue about their business without things getting over complicated or strained.

So a friend bought Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 for me a long time ago, I never went through the process of making an online EA account or anything like that till way later. So today I wanted, after having a grand time in DA: Inquisition, wanted to replay my old golden game DA Origins with all the expansions in it. As I was loading, a window prompted stating I needed to use the product key, no problem, but the Bioware online pages apparently don't exist where I can renew the code or create an online account if needed? So I have the product key, but can't use it....and its all on Steam, so I don't want my friends money to go to waste, nor my experience with the game.

Message 1 of 2 (625 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA: Origins - Renew DLC Code

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@NightingaleZK Click on the game in your Steam library. Towards the right of the screen there, look for a link that says CD key or product key and click on it. The key there you can use to redeem the game on your EA account in Origin. Then you'll be able to download & install the game through Origin, which might work better. If you have multiple keys for individual DLCs, make sure to also redeem them individually. If you have a single key for the Ultimate Edition then that should unlock everything in one go for Origin.

Edited to add the process for Origin side as well, in case you get stuck. Once you have the product key/s from Steam, in Origin you click on the Origin menu in the top left corner of the window, then click Redeem Product Code.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (605 Views)

All Replies

Re: DA: Origins - Renew DLC Code

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@NightingaleZK Click on the game in your Steam library. Towards the right of the screen there, look for a link that says CD key or product key and click on it. The key there you can use to redeem the game on your EA account in Origin. Then you'll be able to download & install the game through Origin, which might work better. If you have multiple keys for individual DLCs, make sure to also redeem them individually. If you have a single key for the Ultimate Edition then that should unlock everything in one go for Origin.

Edited to add the process for Origin side as well, in case you get stuck. Once you have the product key/s from Steam, in Origin you click on the Origin menu in the top left corner of the window, then click Redeem Product Code.

Message 2 of 2 (606 Views)