[PC] Dead Space 2 Failed To Launch Game Error

by Clarkay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Dead Space 2 Failed To Launch Game Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have been directed to the forums for a support case where I am unable to launch Dead Space 2 on multiple devices. I believe it is a product key issue per this forum entry.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Dead-Space-Games/Old-Report-Dead-Space-2-won-t-launch-from-EA-App/m-...

An error on our end caused the launch to fail. Try again a little later.

Please assist.

Message 1 of 4 (452 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to launch Dead Space 2

Community Manager

@Clarkay If it is an account issue or a license issue the forums can't help because we cannot make changes. That is what support is for. They have to look into that on their end.

Can you try the following for me and see if these make any difference:

Delete EA License Files:

• Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Delete all files within this folder

Navigate to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Dead Space 2

run the deadspace2 file as administrator and see if it launches the game or gives the same error.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (379 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Clarkay Following up on this one. Are you still getting errors when you try to launch and play the game?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Shepard Unfortunately yes I am. Prior to posting this I've had two different live chats with EA support agents who tried and suggested numerous things but the issue persists, including on a separate device, so it appears to be an issue with the game itself or my account's product key for the game. The second live chat agent asked me to post to these forums to seek further help.

Message 3 of 4 (390 Views)

Community Manager

@Clarkay If it is an account issue or a license issue the forums can't help because we cannot make changes. That is what support is for. They have to look into that on their end.

Can you try the following for me and see if these make any difference:

Delete EA License Files:

• Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Delete all files within this folder

Navigate to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Dead Space 2

run the deadspace2 file as administrator and see if it launches the game or gives the same error.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 4 of 4 (380 Views)