Game won't load after splash screen - steam

by 00rish

Original Post

Game won't load after splash screen - steam

★★ Novice

Hello

I bought an EA Play pass from Steam on Dec 18 to play "Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection." I have installed/reinstalled this game about a dozen times and done the game file integrity check and have put in the NOSPLASHRELOAD launch option etc.

When I hit play after 30 seconds I get the splash screen to choose original, red alert, or map editor. I can launch the map editor however when I try to launch the 2 games it hands with blue spinning windows circle for 20-30 seconds and nothing happens. Steam thinks I've played the game for "34 minutes" so it seems to think something is happening in the background, but nothing ever comes up.

Can someone help me? I do NOT currently have origin installed but am trying that next. I want this to work before I splash to buy FIFA 21.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (652 Views)

Re: Game won't load after splash screen - steam

★★★★★ Newbie

hi did you solve this? i have similar issue but already Origin...

Message 2 of 4 (444 Views)

★★ Novice
@FatRooster82 I believe I found a workaround that involved launching the EXE file directly from file explorer vs. via origin or steam. I remember googling for hours and just lucking on some random solution. Apologies but I don't recall the details. In the end it was still buggy and I uninstalled and canceled my EAPlay subscription. Sorry I can't help further but this month feels like a year and my brain is foggy
Message 3 of 4 (438 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks cant believe it can be this difficult to launch a game ! it certainly wasnt when i used to play the original game..!

Message 4 of 4 (435 Views)